Viability of using an array containing variables contained in another array

I have an LCD displaying a few variables, I intend to select each one and make small adjustments. I would like to know how can I reach those variables that are otherwise scattered in my code.

The following is not the exact code, it's just to to convey what I'm trying to do:

// this array holds the variation in voltage of two joystick potentiometers after being mapped to 1000-2000 
// 1500 is the centered value
float channel[]={1500, 1500, 1500, 1500}; 
int channelTrim[]={0,50,100,200};
int trimIndex = 0;

// when this variable is true, channels are mixed by simple algebra and contained in a new variable
bolean mixOn = false;

// hypotetical array holding variables
selectedVariable[]={channel[0], channel[1], mix};
int variableIndex = 0;

void loop(){

// iterates between the variables I want to adjust
// a small cursor would show on screen behind the variable name
if (button single press) variableIndex++;

// double click would increment the variable or change the switch between false/true, depending 
// on the variable at stake 
if (button double press) {

if (variableIndex == 1) {
trimIndex++;
channel[1]+=channel[trimIndex];
}

if (variableIndex == 2) mixOn = !mixOn; 

} // end of if button doublepress

} // end of void loop

https://codeshare.io/ankpmv

Thank you.

I would like to know how can I reach those variables that are otherwise scattered in my code.

This question does not make sense. Variable names get converted to addresses at compile time. Where the declaration of the variable happens does not affect the address of the data.

So, "scattered" is a useless thing to worry about.

Your hypothetical array will contain copies of the data from the original arrays. So, changes to the values in that array will not be reflected in the original arrays.

Methinks that you REALLY want to look into structs, to link related data.