Victor 884 Calibration Trouble

Hi, all. I am trying to calculate a Victor 884 (the datasheet is in pdf format on this page Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.).

I am using an Arduino Mega 2560, the victor, and a pot (found here http://www.bourns.com/pdfs/385126.pdf).

I am using my code to read the input from the pot and send a corresponding pwm signal to the victor. The victor will run, but it's not calibrating properly. I followed the calibration instructions per the datasheet above and it doesn't seem to work. It will flash red and green, so I'll turn the pot to send max power and it will turn red and then to min power and it will flash red and green again.

I'm printing my analogRead() and my pwm so I know that I'm reading the pot correctly and sending the appropriate signal.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be going on?

My Code:

//Test Victors with potentiometer

int pot = A0;
int vic =3;
int x = 0;
int pwm = 0;

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop(){
  delay(1000);

x = analogRead(pot);
  Serial.print("Pot: ");
  Serial.println(x);
  pwm = map(x, 0, 1023, 0, 255);
  analogWrite(vic, pwm);
  Serial.print("PWM: ");
  Serial.println(pwm); 
}

My Setup:

I rushed for the forums too soon. This issue was the pot...it didn't have a wide enough range. I used a different pot with a much higher range and everything works now

You should be using the Servo library for this motor controller as far as I can tell - its expecting standard R/C servo signal where absolute pulsewidth (rather than duty-cycle) is what matters.