Video feed on 8 or more CRT's

Hi guys, I'm about to start a project where I'll be altering video live with piezo sensors. I want to be able to use a wall of old (random if possible) CRT's.

If I had 5 CRT's vertically x 5 CRT's horizontally stacked as a wall; 1. is it possible to have it run on one computer? 2. would it be possible to have the ability to isolate screens to do grid like patterns live? and how should I go about that? 3. If its possible, could I then have one image fragmented on all the screens?

1. If all this is not possible, would it then be possible to just have one VGA cable coming from the videocard and split physically with VGA splitters multiple times? This would obviously not be optimal since each screen would have the same screen / image but atleast I could play with simple colors?

Thank you.

Not all video adapters support multiple monitors but plenty do. For example, the AMD Radeon HD6450 supports up to four monitors natively and up to six if you add active Display Port adapters.

Not sure what you mean by isolating screens and doing grid patterns. If you want to do your own computer-generated output on all these screens then you will need to write an application to do that, and the way to do that will depend on what OS you're going to use and what you want to have displayed. In any case, this isn't an Arduino problem.

PeterH: In any case, this isn't an Arduino problem.

Are you sure about that? ;)

Are you sure about that?

Yes the OP is asking about taking one image / sequence and breaking it up into 25 chunks. You are not going to to do that with an arduino. Those little boards just provide a simple low res graphics output one screen per arduino, monochrome at that.

Grumpy_Mike:

Are you sure about that?

Yes the OP is asking about taking one image / sequence and breaking it up into 25 chunks. You are not going to to do that with an arduino. Those little boards just provide a simple low res graphics output one screen per arduino, monochrome at that.

OK, then I misread the OP. I thought it was about controlling separate overlays for each of multiple screens, but using the same original video for each one. Thank you for the correction.

When I wrote that it wasn't an Arduino problem I was only referring to the video processing part of the problem. That part is best done on a PC, and there are plenty of video processing frameworks that can make that quite easy to implement. If the video processing is going to be triggered/controlled based on input from piezo sensors then it would be sensible to use an Arduino to present the piezo sensor input via USB and have the video processing application use that as an input.

Well it seems the confusion was on my part, never hurts to clarify though.