viewing sketch after its loaded on the arduino

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and enjoying what I've learned so far. I have picked up a couple kits that include arduino compatible boards and a preloaded sketch. before I make changes with sketches of my own, I'd like to view the preloaded sketch first. How can I view a sketch that is already loaded on an arduino board?

Thanks a million.

Somedreamer

How can I view a sketch that is already loaded on an arduino board?

Very simply, you can't.
Once it is on the arduino it is no longer the sketch you wrote but machine code that the complier has generated from your sketch.

Ok. thanks. Gee that too bad. I'd really like to see the code running on this little guy before I overwrite it with my own. Thanks anyway. :slight_smile:

-Somedreamer

It's very common for Arduinos to ship with a simple 'blink' sketch installed. There is an blink sketch in the examples included with the IDE. It may not be exactly the same sketch that was originally loaded, but it's probably similar.

Doesn't the kit include a listing of that sketch in a manual or an online pdf or something?

That said, if you describe what it does, someone might recognise it. It could conceivably be blink.