Virtual serial buffer

Hello !

Is a 328p able to run a virtual serial Buffer ?

e.g. Serialx with no Hardware pin ?

Thanks !

Is a 328p able to run a virtual serial Buffer ?

What do you mean by a virtual serial buffer?

There is NewSoftSerial which allows you to have a software serial port, using any two digital pins.

digital pins..

Without pins..virtually.

Last escapes left are native serial = mega or new Question: is dynamical switching between master and slave Mode possible ?

I have a 9DOF running as Slave and a I2C GPS Device with UART mimic running at multimaster Mode only offering Data in UART Format when Bus is Idle - so onReceive is the way to go - pump the data into buffer and let that buffer read out by serial.read from serialx

Wow. What does that all mean?

:D

Well - actually i am working on a native I2C GPs Integration for Multicopters . Not with a further ATM as a I2C Slave for offering the serial Data of a GPS to another ATM.

The I2C GPS Devices have a UART mimic.

Usually a slave and a master address.

initializing the Communication is not the Prob.

The prob is the data offered,the documentation for the devices.

No registers to fetch data from.

Devices have to be talked and listened to like serial GPS Devices.

A 328p has only one "real" serial line capable for more then 9600baud.

So : Pipe the I2C offered data incoming with 115200 into f(serial buffer) and read it out like a serial device ..

Maybe i think too complicated..of course...

Still quite new in IC-Programming...

Maybe the solution is super easy and is well hidden in tons of Information..

Last thing that style i have done was a Protocol problem with databases talking over serial lines . That protocol-warfare maybe a bad experience for this kind of problem.There it had to be done in quite same manner with ComObjects and a buffer emulation.

Perhaps (two)Wire.h // TWI is quite more clever then expected handling data.

See reply #3

HAL transducted char to void. Only on C.N. void returns !

Maybe you should be posting in some forum in your native language. What you are posting in English makes no sense whatsoever.

Ben_der, if both AWOL and PaulS don't understand a word you are saying then you are either a genius of some kind or you are trolling.

Either way I would think there isn't much help on the way unless you can use terms we understand and use them in the right context.

If you have a specific problem ask away and there's all manner of people here who can and will help.

Rob

Is this a cross-post of:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,78332

Yep...That look to me a "cross-post"

Ben_der:
HAL transducted char to void.
Only on C.N. void returns !

Vader: “I sense something…a presence I haven’t felt since…”

HAL transducted char to void. Only on C.N. void returns !

If you're travelling in a time machine, and you're eating corn on the cob, I don't think it's gong to affect things one way or another. But here's the point I'm trying to make: Corn on the cob is good, isn't it. - Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

A 328p has only one “real” serial line capable for more then 9600baud.

You can use NewSoftSerial @115200 baud at any free digital pin. - NewSoftSerial | Arduiniana -

Think your virtual serial port is solved by that one.

succes

If you're travelling in a time machine...

That actually makes more sense to me than the majority of this thread :)

Rob

robtillaart: You can use NewSoftSerial @115200 baud at any free digital pin.

Ben_der: Without pins..virtually.

The OP wants to use no pins at all.