Virtual Wire library error

So i have downloaded the VirtualWire library and installed it… now when i check/compile the sketch i get errors:

In file included from sketch_sep28a.ino:1:
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:54: error: variable or field 'vw_set_tx_pin' declared void
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:54: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:58: error: variable or field 'vw_set_rx_pin' declared void
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:58: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:62: error: variable or field 'vw_set_ptt_pin' declared void
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:62: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:66: error: variable or field 'vw_set_ptt_inverted' declared void
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:66: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:71: error: variable or field 'vw_setup' declared void
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:71: error: 'uint16_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:90: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:96: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:99: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
C:\***\Arduino\libraries\VirtualWire/VirtualWire.h:104: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
sketch_sep28a.ino: In function 'void setup()':
sketch_sep28a:11: error: 'vw_set_tx_pin' was not declared in this scope
sketch_sep28a:12: error: 'vw_set_rx_pin' was not declared in this scope
sketch_sep28a:13: error: 'vw_set_ptt_pin' was not declared in this scope
sketch_sep28a:14: error: 'vw_set_ptt_inverted' was not declared in this scope
sketch_sep28a:15: error: 'vw_setup' was not declared in this scope
sketch_sep28a.ino: In function 'void loop()':
sketch_sep28a:26: error: 'vw_send' was not declared in this scope

and this is the sketch:

#include <VirtualWire.h>

const int led_pin = 11;
const int transmit_pin = 12;
const int receive_pin = 2;
const int transmit_en_pin = 3;

void setup()
{
  // Initialise the IO and ISR
  vw_set_tx_pin(transmit_pin);
  vw_set_rx_pin(receive_pin);
  vw_set_ptt_pin(transmit_en_pin);
  vw_set_ptt_inverted(true); // Required for DR3100
  vw_setup(2000);	 // Bits per sec
}

byte count = 1;

void loop()
{
  char msg[7] = {'h','e','l','l','o',' ','#'};

msg[6] = count;
  digitalWrite(led_pin, HIGH); // Flash a light to show transmitting
  vw_send((uint8_t *)msg, 7);
  vw_wait_tx(); // Wait until the whole message is gone
  digitalWrite(led_pin, LOW);
  delay(1000);
  count = count + 1;
}

You sure the library's in the right place?- easy to get the unzip into the wrong folder layer.

Also, some libraries- I don't know about that one- have "-Master" or similar on the end and I end up renaming; not sure if that's the right way but it works for me.

I think that the library is in the right place. It is in libraries folder and it is showing up on the list in the IDE...

Or can anyone know any other librarys that are for RF links ?

So i have downloaded the VirtualWire library

From?

From here: VirtualWire Library, for very cheap wireless communication

That's the same version I have. On 1.0.5, on Win7, with Duemilanove as the board type, the only error I get is:

Binary sketch size: 3,776 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum)

What board type are you selecting? What operating system? What version of the IDE?

PaulS:
That's the same version I have. On 1.0.5, on Win7, with Duemilanove as the board type, the only error I get is:

Binary sketch size: 3,776 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum)

What board type are you selecting? What operating system? What version of the IDE?

I am using Arduino Uno and Mega, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and IDE version: 1.0.5-r2