Visual C for create DAQ system

Dear All,

I would like to create a GUI which can be plot the sensor datas ( like DAQ systems).

I think the microsoft visual studio is good choice for this project, but i don't understand how can i create a program which communicate my arduino uno.

On the internet, the most popular answer for my question is that "why don't you use serial port?"

But I would like plot 3 or more sensors datas and I don't understand how can it be possible, how can I separate the datas (which the 1. sensor value which the 2. sensor value etc...)

How are you doing? How are you solving this problem?

Best regards,

Thuugo

I think the microsoft visual studio is good choice for this project

Visual Studio is a program development product that allows you to develop applications in a variety of languages, including C++ and C#.

In C++, it's not a trivial process to correctly configure the serial port, and it is not a trivial process to get serial data to the thread managing the UI.

In C#, it's a trivial process to correctly configure the serial port, and it is a trivial process to get serial data to the thread managing the UI.

You choose.

On the internet, the most popular answer for my question is that "why don't you use serial port?"

That's because it's the only answer.

But I would like plot 3 or more sensors datas and I don't understand how can it be possible, how can I separate the datas (which the 1. sensor value which the 2. sensor value etc...)

Have you ever been to a party with 3 friends? How do you know which friend is talking?

Suppose that the data arriving on the serial port looked like "Howard: It's 37 degrees out" or "Sam: It's 89% humidity out here" or "Thomas: Its blowing 3 mph out here". Would you have any trouble separating temperature, humidity, and wind speed?

Can you imagine how to make the Arduino send data that way? Can you imagine a simpler way?

This Python - Arduino demo may give you some ideas. The same basic principles apply whichever language you use.

This Python GUI demo may be of interest.

...R

Thanks for the answer.

No i can't imagine a simpler way, just in case people are experienced in the subject than I do.

I will keep trying to understand how this communicate works.

As I guess, I will send the datas in one line with separating caracters to the serial port and I will create a protocol in c# which spearate the datas (using the special caracters) then put the correct data to a variable.

Is it able to a correct solution?

Best regards,

Thuugo

No i can't imagine a simpler way

How about "1:37", "2:89", "3:3"?