"VL6180X" sensor connect with ESP8266

i'm using VL6180X sensor with ESP8266 to detect distance . I connecting SCL to "D1" PIN AND SDA to "D2"PIN now i have a question SCL AND SDA which one is Sending data which one is receiving data?

Second question is , any one can sent me some sample code for VL6180X with ESP8266 , As i serching very long from github they never using PINMODE to detecting the distance they most of them using I2C.So can any one help? I just want see some simple code showing how to sending data and detect distance by VL6180X thats enough.

SCL is a clock signal generated by the I2C master, which is the ESP8266 in your setup.

SDA is the data connection. It's bi-directional. Data goes both ways.

I don't understand your second question. The sensor is an I2C device. I don't think there's an alternative way to get data in/out of it.

GypsumFantastic:
SCL is a clock signal generated by the I2C master, which is the ESP8266 in your setup.

SDA is the data connection. It's bi-directional. Data goes both ways.

I don't understand your second question. The sensor is an I2C device. I don't think there's an alternative way to get data in/out of it.

i have checked SCLPIN D1 //output and SDAPIN D2 //input to recieve and an output to transmit

because i want read the SDA = Received data from the sensor by SDA

Yeah i know that its a I2C sensor but i want change it to pinmode thats was what i asking so i want know which one is input and output .