Voice Recognition Module V3 with Arduino UNO not finding the correct file

I am trying to upload my arduino sketch to my Voice Recognition Module V3, but everytime I hit upload it give me the following error:

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

vr_sample_train.ino:28:32: fatal error: VoiceRecognitionV3.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

I am using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) with macOS High Sierra. I am using the Voice Recognition Module V3 with Arduino UNO. The code I am using is attached below. It won’t find the file VoiceRecognitionV3.h but I don’t understand why, since its in the same folder as the rest of the code. I have also attached the document file that it can’t find.

IF YOU COULD GIVE ME SOME HELP QUICKLY BECAUSE THIS IS URGENT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

vr_sample_train.ino (27.2 KB)

VoiceRecognitionV3.h (6.34 KB)

Urgent? Call programmers 112, 911, or what. it's not here.

I am trying to upload my arduino sketch to my Voice Recognition Module V3, but everytime I hit upload it give me the following error:

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

vr_sample_train.ino:28:32: fatal error: VoiceRecognitionV3.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

I am using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) with macOS High Sierra. I am using the Voice Recognition Module V3 with Arduino UNO. The code I am using is attached below. It won’t find the file VoiceRecognitionV3.h but I don’t understand why, since its in the same folder as the rest of the code. I have also attached the document file that it can’t find.

IF YOU COULD GIVE ME SOME HELP QUICKLY BECAUSE THIS IS URGENT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

vr_sample_train.ino (27.2 KB)

VoiceRecognitionV3.h (6.34 KB)

(deleted)

If everything is in the same folder.
Try:

#include "VoiceRecognitionV3.h"

instead of:

#include <VoiceRecognitionV3.h>

If this is urgent, then read How to use this forum, post your sketch- all of it. And a functional drawing of what you have.

When you post code please use code tags as described in Read this before posting a programming question.

Your first sentence is illogical- you don't upload Arduino code to the VR3 board. You upload to the Arduino.

It appears that you have not properly installed the VR3 library. Get the zip file from the Elechouse git. Then use the IDE library manager to install the library.

Since you are using a Mac, I'll speak slowly.

In the IDE: Under Sketch, Include Library, select "Add Zip Library". Then follow the directions.
After installing the library, it's a good idea to restart the IDE.

SteveMann:
If this is urgent, then read How to use this forum, post your sketch - all of it.

27.2k - won’t fit. In this case, attaching it was the correct option. :roll_eyes:

SteveMann:
Since you are using a Mac, I’ll speak slowly.

I’ll pay that! :grinning:

I've merged your other cross-post @JBP343.

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum board. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

JBP343:
It won't find the file VoiceRecognitionV3.h but I don't understand why, since its in the same folder as the rest of the code.

I have a hypothesis about what you did wrong, but I won't waste time checking it because putting that file in the same folder as the sketch won't work anyway. You'll just get a bunch of "undefined reference" errors. You would need the VoiceRecognitionV3.cpp file too. But don't do that. Just install the library normally. It's a skill you need to learn to have any success with Arduino.

Please post a link to where you got the vr_sample_train.ino sketch from.