Voice recognition room ac lights

I want to control room ac lights with voice recognition using an arduino nano. I know how to do the lights part(just how you control DC ones with relays - lemme know if I'm wrong) but how do I implement voice recognition? I'll be using the voice recognition module v3 but I couldn't find a suitable tutorial or help online. Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile: thanks in advance

There is a tutorial for voice recognition with a DUE :

ard_newbie:
There is a tutorial for voice recognition with a DUE :

Speech Recognition and Synthesis with Arduino - Arduino Project Hub

That's with the due and also needs external stuff like DACs and other modules. Anything else?

I can't be of much help but I can tell you that voice recognition is different from speech recognition. Voice recognition identifies a particular voice, like a "voice-fingerprint". (It looks like they use the wrong terminology for the V3 board.)

Dragon, Amazon's Alexa, and Apple's Siri are speech recognition. Dragon runs on a PC whereas, the Siri, Alexa, and Cortina processing is done on powerful servers.

With a limited vocabulary you might get it to work on an Arduino (with the add-on board) but, I'm guessing that it won't be reliable or practical, and you'll probably have to speak directly into the microphone.

If you can figure-out how to use Seri as a "front end" with the Arduino simply receiving a message over the Internet or the cell phone network, you'll probably get more-professional results.

I know how to do the lights part(just how you control DC ones with relays -

That will work... You can use a DC-controlled relay to switch AC (as long as the relay contacts are rated for the AC current & voltage you're switching).

But if you want to control existing lights a [u]Home Automation Switch/Dimmer[/u] will work normally/manually or remotely. If you wanted to use the Arduino with that, you'd need to build a controller that can communicate with whatever protocol the switch uses. (The X-10 protocol uses RF signals sent-over the AC power lines.)

Why not use amazon echo or which ever device to control your arduino.
I attended a gathering for a day on writing skills for alexa and was told by the presenters that if you can access your arduino logic via the web, then you can write a skill to trigger what you want it to do.

Granted you will need to create a skill that will handle the commands you want, but it is doable with alexa.

I dont know much about the board you mentioned...

but in the prop world... this has been done MANY MANY times over.

(specifically for IronMan/Jarvis projects and a lot of Judge Dredd blaster projects where voice recog. is used to switch the ammo type...re-load..etc)

I think they used an Adafruit Voice Recog board (off the top of my head)

maybe google/youtube some of those projects... ( www.therpf.com is the forum I read about them at)

DVDdoug:
I can't be of much help but I can tell you that voice recognition is different from speech recognition. Voice recognition identifies a particular voice, like a "voice-fingerprint". (It looks like they use the wrong terminology for the V3 board.)

Dragon, Amazon's Alexa, and Apple's Siri are speech recognition. Dragon runs on a PC whereas, the Siri, Alexa, and Cortina processing is done on powerful servers.

With a limited vocabulary you might get it to work on an Arduino (with the add-on board) but, I'm guessing that it won't be reliable or practical, and you'll probably have to speak directly into the microphone.

If you can figure-out how to use Seri as a "front end" with the Arduino simply receiving a message over the Internet or the cell phone network, you'll probably get more-professional results.
That will work... You can use a DC-controlled relay to switch AC (as long as the relay contacts are rated for the AC current & voltage you're switching).

But if you want to control existing lights a [u]Home Automation Switch/Dimmer[/u] will work normally/manually or remotely. If you wanted to use the Arduino with that, you'd need to build a controller that can communicate with whatever protocol the switch uses. (The X-10 protocol uses RF signals sent-over the AC power lines.)

My relays are rated for that AC current and voltage(250v max and my 220v comes to my home). And as for the Siri/alexa thing, I only want to say "light on" or "light off" so I think this might be easily doable with the module and yes I want speech recognition and not voice recognition. Would be great if anyone could help me out with this one :slight_smile:

Did you bother to search on ANY of the topics or forums I mentioned?

Most of the people on that forum are NOT technically savvy, and they could manage to figure it out.

I have faith you can too.