Voltage Data Logger

I am currently working a science fair project involving the electrical flow from a microbial battery. I attempted to use two multimeters to measure the voltage output every 10 seconds. However, it has become very cumbersome to use. I attempted to find something that does it automatically. I stumbled across the Arduino. Now, I am very lost in the Arduino world. I was wondering if I could get some help regarding the construction of a voltage data logger for very cheap. And, is it possible to build the device within a day. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

What voltage does the battery produce? Perhaps it could be a simple as a voltage divider hooked up to one of the analog pins.

In the best case scenario, it produces 0.4 volts. I also need board to measure readings as low as 0.027 volts.

I believe an Arduino should work just fine with those voltages.

The analogRead() function returns a number between 0 and 1023, which is proportional to the voltage at the analog pin (returns 0 at 0V and 1023 at 5V). Its resolution is 5 V/1024 = 0.00488 V. Even with a voltage divider you shouldn't have any trouble reading your 0.027 V minimum.

I am also new to Aduino; it's best to take my word with a grain of salt. :slight_smile:

Good luck,
khanqueso

neel1997:
In the best case scenario, it produces 0.4 volts. I also need board to measure readings as low as 0.027 volts.

In that case you could use the internal reference voltage (1.1V) for better accuracy.