Voltage range for 6 V rated DC motor

This is the motor that i plan to use:
34:1 Metal Gearmotor 25Dx52L mm LP 6V with 48 CPR Encoder

But i do not have a voltage regulator for 6 V, so i'm wondering what if i were to supply a higher voltage to the motors? Would be they damaged? I could supply 5 V to it but then i think the performance of the motor will be less. There is no mention of the voltage operating range for that motor.

DryRun:
This is the motor that i plan to use:
34:1 Metal Gearmotor 25Dx52L mm LP 6V with 48 CPR Encoder
Pololu - 34:1 Metal Gearmotor 25Dx64L mm LP 6V with 48 CPR Encoder (No End Cap)

But i do not have a voltage regulator for 6 V, so i'm wondering what if i were to supply a higher voltage to the motors? Would be they damaged? I could supply 5 V to it but then i think the performance of the motor will be less. There is no mention of the voltage operating range for that motor.

There is no mention because they want you to use one of their motor driver boards, which have a large range of input voltages. Are you going to use a driver board, or do it all yourself?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
There is no mention because they want you to use one of their motor driver boards, which have a large range of input voltages. Are you going to use a driver board, or do it all yourself?

Paul

I'm planning to use their TB6612FNG Dual Motor Driver Carrier

Will this motor driver automatically regulate the voltage to the motor to 6 V?

DryRun:
I'm planning to use their TB6612FNG Dual Motor Driver Carrier
Pololu - TB6612FNG Dual Motor Driver Carrier

Will this motor driver automatically regulate the voltage to the motor to 6 V?

Probably not, but it will regulate the current to the motor, which is what causes the motor heat. So, the correct motor driver is necessary.

Paul