Volts x Resistance = A Thing?

Yes we did that at the very beginning

I know, I know . . . . ::slight_smile:

After splitting the atom we moved on to supernovas...

Hello,
Thanks for all the replies. So, the answer is that; Yes it is a thing, but its a bit quantum so nothing to worry about.

It seems I wrote the formula down wrong in the OP. Doing it correctly doesn't seem to make any difference to the result though, even with lots of decimal places. In a python console on the computer:

>>> Vin = 5.0
>>> R1 = 10000
>>> R2 = 510
>>> Vin * R2 / (R1 + R2)
>>> (Vin * R2) / (R1 + R2)

Karl.

karl101:
Hello,
Thanks for all the replies. So, the answer is that; Yes it is a thing, but its a bit quantum so nothing to worry about.

It seems I wrote the formula down wrong in the OP. Doing it correctly doesn't seem to make any difference to the result though, even with lots of decimal places. In a python console on the computer:

>>> Vin = 5.0
>> R1 = 10000
>> R2 = 510
>> Vin * R2 / (R1 + R2)

(Vin * R2) / (R1 + R2)

Karl.

That's cause PEMDAS to the rescue. Multiplications are performed before division anyway, and the parenthesis is redundant.

raschemmel:
He said the rain was probably more contaminated that the tap water. Any thoughts ?

Yes, I have one word for you:
Birds!

(Strictly speaking around here it isn't birds - it is bats! :astonished:
If you like, I can go take a picture of my car?)

It depends on how you define contamination. Tap water has all sorts of things added to it to kill bacteria.

Russell.

russellz:
It depends on how you define contamination. Tap water has all sorts of things added to it to kill bacteria.

Notably chlorine. Which might make it a trifle acidic - don't know if they make any attempt to neutralise it which would ipso facto, make it slightly salty.

100% safe for drinking of course, as it is no different from but vastly weaker than that in your stomach.

Paul__B:
Notably chlorine. Which might make it a trifle acidic - don't know if they make any attempt to neutralise it which would ipso facto, make it slightly salty.

100% safe for drinking of course, as it is no different from but vastly weaker than that in your stomach.

Yes, safer for drinking but could be worse for some chemical processes. I believe it causes corrosion problems steam engine boilers for example.

Russell.