VPL for Arduino IDE

Hello. I'm with my team create, fully compatible with the Arduino IDE code editor, in the end, I'd like that would have been built-in editor to build and deploy firmware on the controller.

I want to know if I can do it and if so, what can I use to build and deploy designs for the Arduino IDE. Specifically, of all I do not like the size of the proposed solutions in the ~ 150Mb

Googling "VPL" is interesting :)

I must confess I have no idea what you want advice about?

What do you mean by "VPL"?

What do you mean by "what can I use to build and deploy designs for the Arduino IDE"?

What is it that is 150Mb?

...R

VPL is Visual Proramming Language ))

~150 Mb size of ArduinoLoader or WinAVR

That answers my second and fourth questions. But it is meaningless to me without an answer to my first question.

Perhaps you can also answer my third question?

...R

Hi there Korhog

You do realise that Arduino has a product called CREATE. The online IDE.

Robin2: That answers my second and fourth questions. But it is meaningless to me without an answer to my first question.

Perhaps you can also answer my third question?

...R

Sorry, this is all lost in translation xD

in two words, I need a compiler for *.ino files and the bootloader on the Board, separate from the Arduino IDE. And I would like it to be a lightweight solution.

Ballscrewbob: Hi there Korhog

You do realise that Arduino has a product called CREATE. The online IDE.

Yes, I know, but it's still the editor of the C++ code ))) I'm doing a visual editor that focuses on children

Korhog: in two words, I need a compiler for *.ino files and the bootloader on the Board, separate from the Arduino IDE. And I would like it to be a lightweight solution.

That seems very clear - why didn't you say so up front.

If you compile an Arduino program using verbose mode you will see the full list of commands that are used in the compile process. Any other program could exceute the same commands.

I presume the bootloader is just a hex file that gets uploaded to the Arduino.

I suspect it would be reasonably straightforward to create your own system to compile and upload code for a single type of Arduino. But I also suspect that there would be a huge workload in making your system capable of dealing with the wide range of boards that the Arduino IDE can work with.

The Arduino IDE is written in Java and I suspect a large part of the IDE download is a copy of the JVM.

Are you aware that you can call the IDE from the command line? I write my Arduino code using the Geany editor and it calls a short Python program to compile and upload the code using the IDE from the command line.

...R