W5100 Ethernet shield

Hi everybody,

I have a W5100 ethernet module for my arduino mega 2560 board.

I am confused that do I need PoE for that module or not?

Also do you offer me an example code for controlling pin and reading data from pin with a program ( I am gonna write my program on C#)?

do I need PoE for that module or not?

Do you have something that you need to power?

Also do you offer me an example code for controlling pin and reading data from pin with a program ( I am gonna write my program on C#)?

An ethernet shield allows the Arduino to be a server, serving up responses from clients. The client can request a page, or can send other requests to make the Arduino do something in addition to serving up a response.

It is not clear what role your C# code will play in that scenario, unless it simply includes a browser.

I have my E'net shield plugged into my Uno, which is powered through the USB- both during programming or running. So no, you don't have to have PoE.

My understanding is though- and may be wrong- that I could power the Uno and E'net shield through the utp cable. That would be convenient, since the utp cable is there already, and that would do away with the need for other power supply.

A good place to start learning about using E'net with Arduino is here.

Members like zoomkat and SurferTim have both shared their code here in the forum and or in the playground.

htekin:
Hi everybody,

I have a W5100 ethernet module for my arduino mega 2560 board.

I am confused that do I need PoE for that module or not?

PoE is an option for use when no other power is available and that is the only time it becomes a need. Be aware nonetheless that the W5100 is a power hog. This will not be a problem if you are using a wall wart but it certainly could be if you are using the USB cable for power…