wake up with external interrupt

I have read some useful articles about interrupts and how we use them to wake up microcontrollers but i would like to know if my projects' approach is right.I have a cordinator(arduino uno) and 2 end devices(Atmega328p) with zigbees each of one and my goal is that cordinator wakes up the end device ,my end device start to take measures such as temp,humidity and then go to sleep. My algorithm goes something like this. 1.Setting end device zigbee's firmware d0 output high 2.Cordinator send RemoteAtCommand to end device zigbee's firmware d0 output low 3.Connect zigbee's end device d0 to digital pin2 atmega328p 4.Wake up atmega328p send measures to cordinator and sleep 5.Cordinator send RemoteAtCommand to end device zigbee's firmware d0 output high

Setting an external interrupt for atmega328p at low that means that the signal from d0 output zigbee must me enough that the controller will understand this interrupt and less than the time that end device needs to take measures and send them?So if this is mandatory its better to send an atcommand at pin2interrupt function at local end device's zigbee d0 to high rather than a remoteatcommand from cordinator?

Thanks in advance

Not sure why you want to do this, the current saved will be dwarfed by the current taken by the zigbee radio which will have to be on at all times.

Setting an external interrupt for atmega328p at low that means that the signal from d0 output zigbee must me enough that the controller will understand this interrupt and less than the time that end device needs to take measures and send them?So if this is mandatory its better to send an atcommand at pin2interrupt function at local end device's zigbee d0 to high rather than a remoteatcommand from cordinator?

I cannot understand this, the lack of punctuation and spaces and capital letters is not helping but I still don't know what you are asking.

An interrupt can be set to be triggered on the transition of a signal either from LOW to HIGH or from HIGH to LOW, or indeed both. So chose the one that is appropriate.

There are no spaces between sentences. That makes it especially hard to read.

i want both atmega and zigbee of my end device to be in sleep mode.I dont know which is the best method for cordinator to wake up an end device (atmega and zigbee). Firstly i tried to wake up microcontroller through its own zigbee by wiring zigbee's output to atmega interupt pin and send atremotecommand from cordinator.

I tried to wake up an end device through an external interrupt so cordinator to choose when and who will wake up That i am asking which is the right approach?

The most common approach for extreme power saving in remote sensors is to have the remote wake up every so often, transmit some data and go back to sleep.

See this article on a solar powered Arduino remote sensor.

yeah but most of them use a watchdog timer.If i wanted that approach i would set a rtc clock to my end device to wake up a specific time.That i want is through an external interrupt to wake up end device and cordinator decides when and who will wake up.