Want to put 2 IR modules in this circuit

So, basically, I want to build a line follower robot, I’ve 2 DC motors, a L298N motordriver and an Arduino UNO, I still got to purchase 2 IR modules, and any other thing that you might notice It’s missing.

The thing is, my first idea was to power the circuit with a 9V battery but I’m not sure if it’s going to be enough, and I don’t know how I could power the whole project (the sensors+the motordriver+arduino).

I’m posting the scheme.

PS: I’m really unexperienced in these matters, so pls, try to explain it the best you can :).
PSS: Nevermind the 2 components to the left of the circuit, that’s “testing”.
Thanks in advance!!!

I recommend to use a lipo battery

I get the general idea of what you are trying to do.

I think it would help you if you could explain just how the IR (LED, Receiver or ?) will aid in the function of following a line. So I guess I'm suggesting you take some time and try to understand the concept of using IR to follow a line.

For example, Lets say you have two reflective sensors that are nearly touching the ground. (Digikey has lots of them, however this is an off hand guess at an approach and I don't know if it is a sound concept)

If the sensors are spaced some distance apart (5 mm ??) such that when the robot veers off to the left the right sensor output drops and the µP can compensate by slowing one motor or increasing the other.

Ok so what do we need to know:

1. Is the line makeup already defined? i.e. black tape, magic marker etc

2. What is the change in sensor output when on the black or not on the black.

3. Use of IR or visible wavelength. IR does not "see" things like we do so what might be black to us might not be at the IR wavelength.

I know if didn't provide an answer as such but this is how I would approach it if it were my project.

JohnRob:
I get the general idea of what you are trying to do.

I think it would help you if you could explain just how the IR (LED, Receiver or ?) will aid in the function of following a line. So I guess I'm suggesting you take some time and try to understand the concept of using IR to follow a line.

For example, Lets say you have two reflective sensors that are nearly touching the ground. (Digikey has lots of them, however this is an off hand guess at an approach and I don't know if it is a sound concept)

If the sensors are spaced some distance apart (5 mm ??) such that when the robot veers off to the left the right sensor output drops and the µP can compensate by slowing one motor or increasing the other.

Ok so what do we need to know:

1. Is the line makeup already defined? i.e. black tape, magic marker etc

2. What is the change in sensor output when on the black or not on the black.

3. Use of IR or visible wavelength. IR does not "see" things like we do so what might be black to us might not be at the IR wavelength.

I know if didn't provide an answer as such but this is how I would approach it if it were my project.

Basically what I plan to do is making an "inverse" line follower, as strange as it might sound, I want the motors to stop when the sensors detect the black tape line, so, if both sensors detect not black (the floor) the robot will go forward, if the robot moves slightly to the right so just the left sensor detects the line, the left motor will move backwards and the right one forward to stabilize the robot again.
I think you kinda got it in the second paragraph.

Thanks for the answer by the way :).