War Robot

So my professor just decided that our final project in his subject is to compete with my classmates in creating a robot that would fight. I don't know how to start this one. I am still newbie to Arduino. I never even got a chance to make one simple project (cant afford the Arduino Starter Kit. Maybe you have some extra. I am willing to accept it). Anyway, do you have any suggestions? Maybe some components that I should have? And a little tutorial (a book or website). I am and Electronics Engineering student. Any suggestions guys?

Define "fight".

jremington:
Define "fight".

Fight or You know warbots? It's like a fight between 2 robots. Except that in our class it would be a rumble. They have different weapons attached to them. They have to take down robot.

well I can not help you with like the science bit but I watched robot wars alot.

so the simplest most effective way they fought was with flipping devises a sorta scoop that can get under them.

othere then that some sort of saw blade or drill hooked on to them works well too.

munch15a:
well I can not help you with like the science bit but I watched robot wars alot.

so the simplest most effective way they fought was with flipping devises a sorta scoop that can get under them.

othere then that some sort of saw blade or drill hooked on to them works well too.

thanks for the idea bro. can't think of any simple weapons yet.

ScreamKing:
thanks for the idea bro. can’t think of any simple weapons yet.

Plasma cutter.

Can I be the geek who points out the fact that the "robots" on Robot Wars are not actually robots? They are remote controlled vehicles. Robots are autonomous; they don't need to be controlled.

PaulRB:
Can I be the geek who points out the fact that the "robots" on Robot Wars are not actually robots? They are remote controlled vehicles. Robots are autonomous; they don't need to be controlled.

Yessssss....precisely.. remote controlled vehicles........
Technically Progress, Spirit and Curiosity are remote controlled, with a degree of autonomy.
Tom... :slight_smile:

So is this needing to be a robot or a remotely controlled vehicle?

Johnny010:
So is this needing to be a robot or a remotely controlled vehicle?

probably remote controlled bro.

PaulRB:

I stand corrected. Thanks