Watch arduino

Has anyone combined an arduino with a watch? Not making an arduino watch but just using the buttons on the watch to control arduino. I'm considering a project for this but the only problem I see would be detecting the button functions as they are quite small and I'm not sure what sensors could be used for them. For example the winding of the hands, how could they be translated effectively like changing the time on a clock interface on a computer.

At least the buttons of my watch are made for exactly that: as an input device for a little computer. Why adding more sensors? How do you plan to get an Arduino (or at least it's heart, an ATmega328p) into the watch case?

pylon: At least the buttons of my watch are made for exactly that: as an input device for a little computer. Why adding more sensors? How do you plan to get an Arduino (or at least it's heart, an ATmega328p) into the watch case?

Good Question! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You could try taking out the electronics out of the watch and stuff an Attiny85 into it with some data transmitter such as this one: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10534 But I barley believe that it will work.