Watching the telly

While watching some old reruns of “Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea” I couldn’t help but notice all the flickering lights. I immediately thought Arduino. Even a clock with matrix display. Now the show was made before the days of microcomputers. But it made me wonder if they are using the Arduino in the movies today?

Its the fishmen swimming past the portholes.

Hi, If you can get the DVD, Oblivion with Tom Cruise, they have on the DVD a segment on how the movie was made. An Arduino sneaks in to the helicopter that Tom flies around, it does the important job of opening and closing a hatch in the back of the heli.

Tom... :)

VttBoS was one of my mandatory weekly tv-timeslots when I was a t(w)eenager. The movie was ok, but the TV show was a direct precursor to Star Trek, which is still alive (well most of them*) today.

Anton Yelchin, Leonord Nimoy, James Doohan, Deforest Kelly, Grace Whitney, Majel Barret, and Gene Roddenberry (and others I can’t remember (red shirts?)) have all died though. Yet the story lives on.

Naneen: But it made me wonder if they are using the Arduino in the movies today?

An Arduino makes a brief cameo appearance in "Taking my parents to Burning Man." Pay attention or you'll miss it! Fun flick, btw.