Water Atomizer without Grove

I want to make a humidifier, so I went online and found many people using Grove Water Atomizer. However, I don't want to buy a Grove shield and Grove wires, because those two together would cost ~$20 extra in addition to buying the single component. Are there any water atomizers that do not require the Grove shield? Is there a way to connect Grove devices to the Arduino without Grove shield?

got links to what you want ?

http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove-Water_Atomization/

It says that you need a Grove wire and a Grove shield.

https://www.amazon.ca/ZIYUN-Grove-Atomization-interesting-applications/dp/B0714N6H4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1548555964&sr=8-1&keywords=grove+water+atomization

Link to Amazon

It says that you need a Grove wire and a Grove shield.

If you don’t want to build that yourself.

If you get something else, you will still have to build or buy a driver and some wiring.

The shield doesn't look like it does anything except bring the arduino pins out to connectors. The atomizer board appears to be a driver for an ultrasonic transducer, with a single arduino pin simply turning it on or off. Should be able to directly connect it to the arduino pin without the extra board and proprietary wire.

forthe: says that you need a Grove wire and a Grove shield.

I don't think it actually says that, it just says it's easy if you do it their way.

the board you linked shows the driver board. it takes the signal from the Arduino and then controls the atomizer.

however, this does not require the grove board, you can get the cable and cut the end off and connect the wires to any Arduino that has enough power on the 5 volt pin.

Keep in mind that you can get grove connectors that split to male or female header pin connectors on the other end.

I'm working on a project where I need to create a look of smoke or steam. I ordered three different stand-alone 5v vaporizors with completely different circuit boards. Each of them use a temporary button to switch 'modes' for on-and-off and I don't feel like digging back into the circuitry to figure out how to trigger them with a simple on/off digital pin wire. I'm going the grove route instead because it's good to go. I'm connecting the other end onto a raspberry pi via an audio board that had a single standard grove connector (and one grove i2c connector). But the same kind of thing can be done by getting one of the above mentioned grove connector wires and connecting them to the pi GPIO. For RPi (3.3v bus) or Espressif, if the board in question is geared for 5v arduino type connections, connect the power and ground to the pi GPIO and put a level converter on the data line.

You can technically create your own circuit to drive the piezo elements, but depending on the element you get, the harmonic (optimal) ultrasonic frequency varies. But I did find circuit diagrams online for creating the various frequencies required. (do a google search - I usually use the image search for things like "piezo ultrasonic mister circuit" or "ultrasonic vaporizor schematic"