water cooling

Hello, as my 1st Arduino project I wish to make a custom water cooling loop. I’m not using a typical setup because

1. I want the system to be independent, with redundancies and failsafes.
  2. I have a small air-conditioned chamber 8 ft X 15 ft
  3. There are frequent power outages, and very poor power quality. Therefore, there is an expensive ups system.
  4. Using a typical water cooling loop will give me 700 Watts in my chamber-- which means another 800-900 Watts of power for cooling
  5. I also system noise around <40 Db with no outstanding Freq. at any load.
  6. We get summer temperatures of upto 50C.
    _---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  7. I’m getting DC 12v self priming pumps with 80- 100 psi (5 to 6.8 bar) pressure and 4.5 L/m. I plan to use a pair of them for redundancy. However, the 2 pump will only be turned on if the primary fails.
  8. The piping length will be 20 ft + between the radiators and the system. The pump will be placed between the waterblock and the radiators. This should reduce the pressure inside the waterblock to <5 bar (80 psi) which is what the CPU water block is factory tested to.
  9. There will be 2 separate loops in parallel for the CPU & GPU. I plan to use some kind of flow restriction on 1 loop, to partition the flow.
  10. The flow rate will be regulated according to the outlet temperature.
  11. The 2 cooling loops will have temperature, pressure, and flow sensors.
  12. The radiators will be outside and use AC 220V exhaust fan with the microcontrollers switching it on before system start.
  13. I plan a relay on the power good line so that the main system (threadripper) only starts once the mcu reports nominal cooling function.
  14. As noted there will be a spare pump connected into the system, as the most likely failure point.

drajitsh:
6. We get summer temperatures of upto 50C.
_---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you also get 50% or higher humidity, water cooler is mostly useless.

Cool project - Good luck with that! :slight_smile:

Do post some photos when it is finished.