WATER LEVEL MEASURMENT

Hallo all,

I have AJ-SR04M sensor connected to ESP8266, I use it to measure the level of water. The sensor is fixed on the top on cylinderical vessel (at distance 22cm above vessal top end) the size of vessel is 30cm diameter, 28cm height. The problem that the reading of sensor is unstable.If any one could advice me to solution for this problem? Knowing that the reading is flactuate from 18 to 45 cm.

– best regards

methaq:
Hallo all,

I have AJ-SR04M sensor connected to ESP8266, I use it to measure the level of water. The sensor is fixed on the top on cylinderical vessel (at distance 22cm above vessal top end) the size of vessel is 30cm diameter, 28cm height. The problem that the reading of sensor is unstable.If any one could advice me to solution for this problem? Knowing that the reading is flactuate from 18 to 45 cm.

– best regards

The ultrasonic sensor spec shows “Detecting Angle: < 70°”. Does your water level stay above where that angle will touch the sides of the cylinder? If not, then you are getting reflections that are not from the water.

Paul

distance 50 cm; tan(35 deg) * 50 cm = 35 cm (radius - diameter is 70 cm).

So indeed you're hitting the sides of the vessel with your cone. Even if lowered to the top of your vessel this will be a problem.

Solution: use a different method of measuring the water level.