Waterproof minature pressure sensor up to 4 bar absolute

I'm looking for a sensor that measures to 4 bar absolute pressure. It needs to be small (1 cm scale), waterproof, functional to 130 degrees Celsius and temperature compensated.

Any idea where I might find this?

Can you tell more about the project? even if the sensor is waterproof, how about the rest? Is the water distilled or sea water or contaminated? So much questions left open...

Not distilled but clean, filtered water. The sensor will not be submerged but in the enclosed space above the water level. Like in a pressure cooker that has water but no food inside.

How accurate and precise does it need to be?
How much are you willing to spend?

Precision of 50mb would be nice. Price is the sticking point, or so I expect, but I don't know where to look to see what is available.

One place to start looking is Omega. They make very high quality, reliable sensors intended for years of operation. Not cheap though. http://www.omega.com/section/pressure-transducers.html

Thanks. I had looked at the omega website before as well as one other. I was hoping those weren't representative of what to expect in terms of price.

From the high quality or "professional" suppliers omega is one of the cheaper companies. The pro aspect is, that you get very reliable parts. Call the local representative and tell them your requirements. They should be able to tell you which of their sensors (and they have a lot) is the best/cheapest. They will also be able to tell you which of yor requirements is critical in terms of price. Pressure range as well as waterproof shouldn't be an issue. 130°C shouldn't be a big issue either but it will limit your choices especially if the pressure sensor electronics needs to be operated at that temperature. You should check if it is possible to seperate the actual pressure sensor from the sensor electronics. This might also help regarding your size requirement which sounds really challenging.

If you want really cheap parts you need to look for chinese companies. Most probably you will be able to find some products on ebay.

What kind of project are you working on?

Daniel

Dande80:
You should check if it is possible to seperate the actual pressure sensor from the sensor electronics. This might also help regarding your size requirement which sounds really challenging.

That was the original plan. I had hoped I could find an inexpensive embedded sensor since it would be less problematic, but that seems unlikely. Thanks for taking time to respond.