Waterproofing leads

It says waterproof and I have a friend that uses one to control wort temperature and his temperature is in the 155°F range.

More reports on these not standing up to water: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=337844.0

// Per.

Thought as much. :roll_eyes:

Combine two previous answers then. It at least comes with the stainless steel sheath. OK, cut the shrink off, put hot melt glue over the internal connections, or at least where the cable goes into the stainless steel sheath, then put new shrink over it.

Telstra - as would most telecoms organisations - uses heatshrink with a layer of hot melt glue on the inside as standard technician supply for cable work in pits. Great stuff if you can get it.

Reviewed the other thread.

I could be wrong, but if the stainless steel rots in salt water - it isn't stainless steel?

No such thing as waterproof, water resistant, maybe. Same as the word "fool", a determined fool can unproof anything.

Paul__B:
So - what is wrong with the obvious - just using one of these?

It says waterproof moistureproof.

I would expect to see a spec for pressure or depth for something designed for immersion

In the past I've used heat shrink sleeving that came with a hot melt adhesive lining. It works very well but I haven't seen any recently.

Russell.

Excellent stuff, could try the satellite installers a some of them use it.