WaveShare Eink 4.2Inch Display Partial Update

Hello,

I am trying to use a WaveShare 4.2-inch Eink display with an Arduino Nano IoT 33. I am trying to read the byte array for an image from a server by making a GET request. Unfortunately, the size of the byte array is around 80KB and the Arduino IoT has 32KB memory. I am going around this by requesting data from my server in chunks (10KB each request) and updating each chunk to the display. Is there a way I can update the display partially after every 5 to 6 seconds with the chunk received because the refresh rate of the display is around 4. So that 80kb of image data is displayed in less than a minute.

@hr24612,

usually I would first ask you for complete information, library used and connection module used, etc.

You can write each chunk to the controller memory and do a full or partial update at the end; e.g. line per line.
Like GxEPD2_WiFi_Example.ino does.
It uses partial window addressing to write each line as an in memory bitmap to the controller.

ZinggJM:
@hr24612,

usually I would first ask you for complete information, library used and connection module used, etc.

You can write each chunk to the controller memory and do a full or partial update at the end; e.g. line per line.
Like GxEPD2_WiFi_Example.ino does.
It uses partial window addressing to write each line as an in memory bitmap to the controller.

Can you provide sample code for Arduino?