WAVGAT MEGA 2560 R3 ATmega2560 and 3.2 inch TFT LCD screen module

Hi, Guys!

I have a WavGat MEGA2560 microcontroller, and I’d like to order a BT module and a 3,2" TFT LCD module for this unit - I planned a Bluetooth OBD2 display onto my car.

My question: I can see, that the LCD has pins it’s bottom side, which fit to the MEGA’s “digital” slot. Do I think well, that the LCD uses all digital ports, and I can use only another ones?

Have You got a Sketch for managing this LCD module, and manage the OBD2 item?

Please post a link to the actual Display that you want to buy. e.g. Ebay item.

TFT displays that do not mate with an Arduino are generally 3.3V GPIO. You must find the appropriate adapter Shield or wire up 13 or 21 level shifters by hand if you want to use a 5V Uno or Mega.

TFT shields that have been specifically designed for Uno or Mega will provide the necessary level shifters.

You plug in a shield and it should work 100%.

David.

Hello, David!

Thank You very much the fast reply. So, I'd like to order follwing item:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-3-5-inch-TFT-LCD-screen-module-Ultra-HD-320X480-for-Arduino-MEGA-2560/32924988336.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.259.30453c00hxJVjL

It seems 100% compatible with MEGA, I hope, that it will start after connection.

Can You send me any sketches for using this module, and have You got OBD2 Bluetooth ones?

Yes, it is 100% compatible with a MEGA2560.

It will work with UTFT, TFT_HX8357 and other libraries.

You have to tell the library that it is ILI9486 either in constructor or User_Setup.h

No, I have not got any experience with OBD2 Bluetooth. You will need to do your own detective work.

UTFT uses its own unique graphics methods. TFT_HX8357 and most other libraries use GFX style graphics methods

I suggest that you choose the library that matches the OBD2 examples that you find.

David.

Thank You very much, David! :)

Hello, David!

The module arrived, it is suitable for my Wavgat MEGA! So, I tried to use it, but my attempts were unsuccesfull...

I tried more TFT LCD test ino-s, but the display stayed white... I tested MEGA witt the attached sketch; it is working well, because of (the display is OLED, I tested without this one) I could see AT commands in Terminal...

Can You help me, how can I set up well this display module?

attachments

OBD2-ELM327_MEGA-OLED-010.ino (6.4 KB)

You have a Mega and a display shield. And you have plugged them together.

Your attached INO file is for a 128x64 OLED screen. Completely different to your new 320x480 TFT screen.

You should install either UTFT or TFT_HX8357 library. Then run the examples that come with that particular library.

Ask specific questions about a particular library example. e.g. UTFT_Demo_480x320

David.

Thank You very much the fast reply, David!

I tested my board & display with UTFT and HX8357, but nothing happened.

Maybe I have to re-install the full Arduino?

1. plug the shield into the Mega
  2. select "UTFT_Demo_480x320" from UTFT examples
  3. Edit for your display:

from (line #32)

// Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!
UTFT myGLCD(CTE32HR,38,39,40,41);

to

// Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!
UTFT myGLCD(ILI9486,38,39,40,41);

Build and run.

David.

Thank You very much, I will try Your tips - now I'm re-installing the Arduino. :)

Hoooooooooooooooooooorayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! IT IS WORKING !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You very much Your help !!!!!!!!!!!!::):):):::)