wavgat problems...

I also had the same issue at first but I have found the solution...

Step 1

Download the following RAR file from the link below;

Step 2

Once downloaded, extract these and copy the content within the "update" folder (not the "update" folder itself just the content inside it)

Step 3

Paste content to the following path on your computer...
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino

Step 4

Restart Arduino IDE Software

Open Arduino IDE, select your COM port if required and Select your WAVGAT board type (WAVGAT boards are at the very bottom of the board list)

Enjoy!

Hope this helps

W.

You are not alone, WAVGAT or WVACAT boards (depends which side of the screen print you are reading!) are not standard clones and the extra software just created new issues for me, see this thread:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=542030.0
Very cheap but best avoided.

@wireis

It uses the CH340 chinese drivers and getting them from a random google drive is a big NO for me.

The OFFICIAL source for those drivers is here.

Yes its a Chinese site but they are the official drivers !

@solarpeter

Clones have reached a level of build quality that is as good as the real thing and in terms of voltage tolerances for the input it has surpassed the real things. I have both real and clones and have not had any real issues with either apart from one of the really new UNO clones that has the micro connector which are prone to literally falling off the board.
They are usually a yellowish / brown colour so pretty easy to spot.

thank's wireis

I followed your advise, everything is fine, the blink example works, lol

I want to use my Arduino to built a watch winder, so, I can begin to work thank's to you

FWIW, the file has a boards.txt (and etc) that claims 16MHz core speed, and the LGT328 AVR-like processor chip.

I have the WAVGAT problem as well.

(1) I downloaded file from CH341 (the manufacturer) site, but could not follow the step
(2) I manually transferred the files to Arduino Library folder. I was hesitant too, to fiddle with administrator function for a clone board.

(3) During my hit or miss attempts, I was successful, when I selected (Tools>Board>Arduino Dumilanove or Diecemila).

(4) The board uses two 12 mHz crystals. When I run blink (without delay function), the cycle time is about eight seconds instead of twp seconds.

(5) Another problem is that the analogRead function behave abnormally. The value spans 1500-1600(more than 1023, and values keep on changing even in steady state.

(I am new in the field, and will have to experiment/compare with my other Arduino boards)

1 Like

Can someone help me
my board ch340 arduino is giving this error

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 7), Placa:"WAVGAT UNO R3"

Aviso: platform.txt do núcleo '[0}' contém algo depreciado (recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}"), automaticamente convertido para recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Considere atualizar este núcleo.
C:\Users\Edson\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV\avr\cores\lgt8f\Print.cpp: In member function 'size_t Print::print(const __FlashStringHelper*)':

C:\Users\Edson\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV\avr\cores\lgt8f\Print.cpp:44:23: warning: 'progmem' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]

const char PROGMEM *p = (const char PROGMEM *)ifsh;

^

O sketch usa 1578 bytes (5%) de espaço de armazenamento para programas. O máximo são 29696 bytes.
Variáveis globais usam 15 bytes de memória dinâmica.
Não foi possível encontrar boards.txt em C:\Users\Edson\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV8F\bootloaders. Isto é pré-1.5?
Não foi possível encontrar boards.txt em C:\Users\Edson\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV8F\cores. Isto é pré-1.5?
Não foi possível encontrar boards.txt em C:\Users\Edson\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV8F\variants. Isto é pré-1.5?
WARNING: Error loading hardware folder C:\Users\Edson\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV8F
Nenhuma definição de hardware válida encontrada na pasta WAV8F.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
Problema ao carregar para a placa. Veja http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload para sugestões.
Não foi possível encontrar boards.txt em C:\Users\Edson\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV8F\bootloaders. Isto é pré-1.5?
Não foi possível encontrar boards.txt em C:\Users\Edson\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV8F\cores. Isto é pré-1.5?
Não foi possível encontrar boards.txt em C:\Users\Edson\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV8F\variants. Isto é pré-1.5?
WARNING: Error loading hardware folder C:\Users\Edson\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV8F
Nenhuma definição de hardware válida encontrada na pasta WAV8F.

Este relatório teria mais informações com
"Mostrar a saida detalhada durante a compilação"
opção pode ser ativada em "Arquivo -> Preferências"

Thank you wireis. The solution works for me.
But I had to create a separate arduino folder only for the Wavgat board, to avoid conflicts.

Hi,

same problem here, but with the above procedure was able to connect (not sure if there are hidden issues yet...).

Only minor annoyance (*) is that in Tools / Boards it shows both "Arduino AVR Boards" for Arduino and for WAVGAT.
Please, any idea on how and where to amend it?

Also, by the way, why are there two different folder (WAV and WAV8F) in hardware folder of update zip file?

Thanks and best regards,

Aingeru

(*) => after realising "Compatible Arduino UNO R3" in reality means "Not-100%-Compatible Arduino UNO R3", but in any case my fault for choosing cheap...

im new to arduino and coding.im facing the same problem with WAVGAT UNO R3 board.ive followed all the instructions and read all the post about WAVGAT UNO R3 boards but it seems that this board is having the worst problem.here is the warnings ive encounter and i cant solve it.

Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

any suggestions about this.im not as good in coding.thank you

Well, that part claims to just be a "warning", so things should proceed anyway...

you can see the ON light is on but the light on L no light at all it means that its not working.if you upload blink its blinking but other uploads no.

Have you checked below post?
[WAVGAT pseudo-clone] Issues and Troubleshouting

after ive figure out about the troubleshooting again another problem occured

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 7), Board: "WAVGAT UNO R3"

C:\Users\cam\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV\avr\cores\lgt8f\Print.cpp: In member function 'size_t Print::print(const __FlashStringHelper*)':

C:\Users\cam\Documents\Arduino\hardware\WAV\avr\cores\lgt8f\Print.cpp:44:23: warning: 'progmem' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]

const char PROGMEM *p = (const char PROGMEM *)ifsh;

^

avr-gcc: error: C:\Users\cam\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_791809/core\core.a: No such file or directory

exit status 1
Error compiling for board WAVGAT UNO R3.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Thanks thanks thanks!

wireis:
I also had the same issue at first but I have found the solution...

Step 1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10gwrG9uTDwaEO-7EudsmBkfgdcyrcABI

Step 2

Once downloaded, extract these and copy the content within the "update" folder (not the "update" folder itself just the content inside it)

Step 3

Step 4

Restart Arduino IDE Software

Open Arduino IDE, select your COM port if required and Select your WAVGAT board type (WAVGAT boards are at the very bottom of the board list)

Enjoy!

Hope this helps

W.

You need install the CH340 driver after upload

Hi, I have tried to use the arduino package from the google drive link, but some functions do not work, like serial print of a floating point variable.

My board as one 12Mhz crystal near the USB chip and a 16MHz near the microntroler chip.

I have looked in the board.txt that came with the package and it list the chip used as an LGT8FX8P even if on the chip itself it is written Atmel Atmega328P.

So I search for that chip and found an github project for arduino similar to the one from the aliexpress link, called LAdruino_HST GitHub - LGTMCU/Larduino_HSP: Hardware support package for Larduino

This one works great with the latest Arduino, no warning, you have to select LGT8F328P-LQFP32 MiniEVB as an arduino board after the install.

You may have to delete the files from the other package before installing this one, in my case it was warning about files in double so I did...

Hope it helps some body.

Thank you.

Hi bookaroo,

please, could you upload some pictura of the actual board?

Did you have to change or upload the bootloader?

Could you indicate a step-by-step list?

Thank you very much.

Hi,
Lot of thanks for wireis.

His solution solved my problem.

Best regards.
Bernard.

Another problem is that the analogRead function behave abnormally.

It can work but:

ADC is 12bit. Readings make sens (in my case) only when I give it as AREF 3.3V (pin 3v3) and ad some code:

void setADC(){
  analogReference(EXTERNAL);
  analogReadResolution(12);
}

And read with

setADC();
analogRead(A0);

Score in range 0-4064 (why? i don't know).

If you use something using I2C then analogRead will not work on pin A5 and A4

Seems GPIO work at 3.3V (instead of 5V)
(Voltages not checked with multimeter yet!)

Multimeter show 3.01V in HIGH and -0.21V in LOW

Hope it help someone