We have ways of making you BlinkWithOutDelay

I used the SevSeg library for the first time yesterday and coded a simple sketch to cycle through the numbers 00-99 on a 2-digit 7-segment display.

Ignoring the author's warning not to use any blocking code else the refresh goes haywire, I used the dreaded delay() to have a 500ms pause on each number. Guess what.... the author was right.

So I switched to delay-less "pausing" (used the elapsedMillis library in fact; it's BWOD in a box) and all was good.

Anyone using the SevSeg library getting poor or non-existent display, check that you aren't blocking anywhere.

I used the dreaded delay()

It'd be fun if someone could come up with code to replace delay() in every posted program with that image.

And I think "can't bear to look" would be a better name for the image :slight_smile:

...R

I miss a programming question.

Isn't Bar and Sports the place for "Someone warned of doing like I did, and he was right." kind of stuff ?

Whandall:
I miss a programming question.

Isn't Bar and Sports the place for "Someone warned of doing like I did, and he was right." kind of stuff ?

Probably; if you feel strongly about it, get it moved, I don't really give a crap.

I think it's funny where it is (and appropriate!!). The old "doctor doctor it hurts when I do this ... then don't do that" :slight_smile:

BTW, which seven segment display did you get?
Have you ever used the MAX7219 driver with SPI?