Weather Shield

Good Morning! First- I am new to electronics and still learning. I have recently discovered Arduino products and see high potential for creating and using testing equipment that I need and can not find elsewhere because nobody makes the stuff I need.

2 Questions:

1: The Sparkfun weather shield and sensors says it can be used with arduino products. How so? Is this true? Are they a competitor?

1. Is it possible for me to wire a wireless singnal transmitter from these weather shields to be received by a data logger that can upload to a cloud online. I would like to take several of these sensors made by arduino, attach them to the outside of a house for testing and have all the individual sensors located on different section of the house transmit their data to an individual logger which can be uploaded every second or few seconds and viewed by me at home.

Is this a dream or something that can be done using arduino?

Many people have made weather stations with Arduino. Google "arduino weather station" to find example projects, but generally, avoid Instructables.

The Sparkfun weather shield and sensors says it can be used with arduino products. How so? Is this true?

Sparkfun is a reputable company and you can almost always believe what they say. If you are interested in a particular product, check the user comments on the product page for complaints and suggestions.

Did a search like you said and came up with this: http://www.toptal.com/c/how-i-made-a-fully-functional-arduino-weather-station-for-300

Very helpful.

Any other ideas?