Web Client

I have and Uno. I want to build a smart terrarium that will allow me to:

1st) interface with and change the settings of the system (what moisture level to start watering, so on and so forth).

2nd) interface with the system via a smart phone app.

I don't mind being told that the answer has already been given, just please understand: I did a few searches, and my arduino google-fu is not strong enough.

I don't mind being told that the answer has already been given

It probably has, but, since we don't know what your question is, we can hardly point you to the answer.

Examples or tutorials on how to build the web client and app.

A "web client" implies that you have a server somewhere. I thought you wanted the Arduino to be the server, since it is the one that is going to handle the client (the phone is a client) requests.

It also implies that you have some way to connect the Arduino to the internet. If you do, you've kept that a secret. If you don't, you can't proceed until you do.

My phone comes with Safari installed. I'm sure your phone has some kind of browser software installed, too. If not, it won't be able to communicate with the Arduino. If it does, then the phone app part is done.

Alright, so I need a web server. And then I want to build a mobile app that will allow me to interface with the arduino, change the parameters. Of my smart terrarium. The fact that I need some sort of interface to let me connect to the arduino is of course, a given. I am partial to a wifi shield, but, would be pretty happy with a BLE. The point remains, I need to know how to create an interface that will allow me to change when things turn on and for how long.

BTW, I am SO sorry for showing up here, trying to learn about things. Maybe if you are just a bit ruder, I'll leave (I won't) and you can go back to smugly knowing that everyone who doesn't know what you have already learned, is an idiot. Seriously, if you showed up in a knowledge domain I have greater experience in than you, looking for help, would you think me acting like you are, would be very helpful?

And then I want to build a mobile app that will allow me to interface with the arduino

If the phone includes a web browser, why not use that? There is no need to develop an app for the phone.

BTW, I am SO sorry for showing up here, trying to learn about things.

What is your problem? All I did was ask for more information.

PaulS: If the phone includes a web browser, why not use that? There is no need to develop an app for the phone.

I agree, in a lot of ways, with that statement. Hell, I wouldn't even care in the least, if this was just my project, and just log in with my computer whenever I needed to change parameters. But, it's a class project. A mobile app is part of the needfulls.

PaulS: What is your problem? All I did was ask for more information.

Acknowledging I appreciate you answering, my first post, was to everyone I asked, sufficient and to the point; I need to be able to change parameters in a 'Smart Terrarium'. And I need to be able to do so via an app. I, in my first post, deliberately left out any sort of musing about what means and methods could be used to achieve those ends (I already think that building a web server on the arduino, adding the attendant connectivity shield, and then building an app that can interface is probably the answer I am looking for.) so that I could hear a variety ideas.

The first response set the tone, and it didn't seem to change. You claimed I didn't ask a question. To say that I didn't ask a question is a very narrow response. We are not computers, we can interpret 'ambiguous' communication to understand what is wanted, without difficulty. My needs are the question.

Then i get it implied that I implying some way to connect to the internet. Actually, I left the question vague so we could discuss the options. Cuz, I DON'T know what to do. I am asking for help. I want to know, how do I build a system that will allow me to change the parameters of a 'Smart Terrarium', when I change plants. A web server is a good middle point, and just getting there, will be a great start.

Please, if you want to help, stick around. But to-date, I feel like I am just being made fun of by the 'in' kids.

bump

TomareUtsuZo: bump

After you've insulted everyone that has replied? Not likely to happen.

Nods You are, as a matter of fact, Everyone who replied.