Web Editor error: It's just one of those days

I am getting started with the Web Editor and have an “ It's just one of those days. We're doing our best to get things back up and running.” message. The error log states “The transition errored.”

I am testing the Web Editor to suggest its use to non-experts developers, but having this experience does not help.

Any suggestions?

4 Likes

tomasgf, it is down for me too so it doesn't seem to be anything you are doing wrong. I've been using daily now for a few weeks with no issues at all. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Same for me, it also says "The transition errored" and the editor will not load.
I guess i'm going to have to go back to the old dirty Arduino app and forget about the cloud for now...

Stuck for one hour+ Hope it won't last too long now :yawning_face:

Same error here. Shame really, I just paid for an account because I ran out of compile time and am in the middle of a big assignment.

Thank you for your response. It's just not a good signal for me. As I said, I am in the process of suggesting this platform to non-experts. My first attempt to use it left me completely puzzled…

Is this something that we can consider a one-off or it had happened in the past?

Yeah, I was hoping this was a more stable platform. Shifting from a local implementation.

1 Like

I've been down for a few hours now. Randsomewear?

I just realized that since I pay a monthly fee to arduino web access I didn't back up my sketches. Now, I can't even go back to old style arduino

I'm probably not the best person to answer this because I'm pretty green with the cloud based IDE. I don't know its reliability. I recently gave Chromebook a go, so I was using the cloud based IDE for that reason. Since this has been down all day, I decided to install Linux on my Chromebook and then install Arduino on top of that. It's working great. If these are students on Chromebooks that you are recommending this to, here is a great blog that will walk them through the install of Linux and Arduino step by step. https://www.stevencombs.com/arduino/2020/01/20/arduino-on-chromeos.html

Web Editor down for me tooooo :frowning:

Yes you are right same issue to me if anyone has any solution, so please reply because this thing is awful

Cannot access web editor for last 18 hours - from India

me too from INDIA, I am SUSHREETH PEDDOJU, my age is 12, I cannot have the access for web editor I wanted to put code in NODE MCU but the ch340g driver was not installed I installed it today morning but the web editor is down. Please help... waiting for the answer. It is giving: It's just one of those days. We're doing our best to get things back up and running. If this is taking too long you can write us on the FORUM or check the Error Log.

{
"$id": 2,
"type": 6,
"message": "The transition errored",
"detail": {
"data": null,
"status": -1,
"config": {
"method": "GET",
"transformRequest": [
null
],
"transformResponse": [
null
],
"jsonpCallbackParam": "callback",
"url": "//api2.arduino.cc/iot/swagger.json",
"headers": {
"Accept": "application/json, text/plain, /",
"Authorization": "Bearer eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCIsImtpZCI6Ik5rUkVSalJFTWpBNFFqTXdNMFl3TXpSRFF6SkZOa0kxT0RkQlFVVTJNelpCUkRReFJqTXlOZyJ9.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.O2veJtCzwMK6v_DQTJftbbHL97tV1Xyh7x7zAMsmw0PobuOofVjSPJwN1jqHOENJXjdWUo8P6NZ8cuxrZEg-IMT5BC8nOaOaSDQFD7Gfe-dd-i5XmqUrEVMM2_ryBks2QWXCGnh_ChYSRofBKMJtOZ1lOvnZBMyrU1bxk2N_R0IJdGGnDCW93zdfjGFx0eSOMXJYYwlzIFdiGGNW_y3k2VNe41zO_DE7f4Lc5TCcRZb06KxIZFoKujLC7s7D5ks8IPkZLgzQPnSquL0eLbrC89zaXqcuoH-5CP0h0pqtBFrD8b61H5fG3rFz72VlegpDfRonKB01rPY9YPak6VWxMg"
}
},
"statusText": "",
"xhrStatus": "error"
}
}

My father is a professor in IITR in the CSE department, He teaches cloud computing. So, he is an expert in this, HE SAID: "MAYBE, THE CLOUD SERVER IS DOWN, THE WEB EDITOR WILL START AGAIN AFTER FEW DAYS OR TODAY ITSELF!!" So, I recommend all of you not to be tensed it will be back again in a few hours or days.:boy::boy:

Cannot access web editor, still down - from Hamburg, Germany.

Is there an official statement?

Still not working - Arduino Create web editor ! Arduino IoT Cloud is also down. Please help !

{
"$id": 3,
"type": 4,
"message": "This transition is invalid",
"detail": "Cannot transition to abstract state 'main'"
}

Yes, dear Sushreeth - but these things do not go down, or recover in seconds !

Arduino Cloud is up now ! Thank you.