Web server help and question

Oke beginner here :slight_smile: . So i did my Login page and control page that is switching on/off my lights. Now, how can i limit access to my page for only specific pc or phone MAC address that are trying to login? I mean how can arduino check MAC address of oder divices? I cant find function in Ethernet.h librery that can do that so i can ristrict connection of not defined MAC address in program. If any one know some tutorial or part of the cod that can do that please let me know. Thanks in advance!

You are probably better off trying to do this on your router rather than the Arduino, as:

• It's probably easier
  • Your router is on the perimeter of your network, so you are blocking as early as possible.

Check your router setup to see if there are firewall or service blocking or something similar.

mskrpan:
Oke beginner here :slight_smile: . So i did my Login page and control page that is switching on/off my lights. Now, how can i limit access to my page for only specific pc or phone MAC address that are trying to login?

Access to your Arduino webserver is done from a webbrowser, or what?

I'm afraid that "limiting access by MAC address" is NOT a good idea, because HTTP protocol does not transfer MAC address along with HTTP GET requests.

So you'd better try to identify the source of a HTTP GET requests by something that's in the request.

What about using "cookies" for identification?

Thx guys for replay i will do it on my router. Thx one more time!