Web server with GSM/GPRS (sim900) how???

so im pretty new to all this arduino stuff and i do many projects, without really knowing what i'm doing, and now i wanna make a web server with the GPRS/GSM (sim900) shield wich means, its not the "official" arduino GSM shield, along with it i have a SD breakout board. both working correctly, i have a server running on the GPRS/GSM shield, and can read/write files, and so on, on sd-cards. But how on earth do i "combine" those two, i mean having the server show some HTML file (from the SD-card) when you connect to it. i imagine thats how you would do it, or am i getting it all wrong??? i am using the GSM/GPRS library from gsmlib.org, and the example code from that library. sorry for bad english, and a sloppy explanetion, im so tired, cause i need to get this working before monday (or maybe i'll just skip it) anyway, i really hope you understand it. i hope someone can help, it would be amazing! Thanks

Does the html file on the SD card have an 8-character filename ?

no, i just called it index.html. But you sound like it would just automaticly find it?

Oliver2854: no, i just called it index.html. But you sound like it would just automaticly find it?

You should try the xxxxx.yyy file names on the SD card. index.htm should work.

Does the html file on the SD card have an 8-character filename ?

Read as "Does the html file on the SD card have a filename with 8-character or LESS ? "

it didnt work... the client keeps loading, like it knows there is something, and it just can't get to it

I am curious. How do you keep your IP address? When I was using a gsm shield, I had to obtain an ip address every time I make a connection and release it afterwards. Do you have a lot of money and don't care the cost, or is there another way?

If the GSM/GPRS is on a cell phone network, then I've never heard of a web server being successfully operated on a cell service network.