Webcam project

Hello, im new to arduino and processing and im desperate for a solution to this problem.
I think it may be really simple but im not sure.

What i need is to set a button on my arduino uno to take a snapshot with my web cam (conected to my laptop) whenever someone presses the button. And then whenever a new photo is taken i need it to publish itself automatically to my facebook page.

if someone could come up with a solution it would be awesome, thanks.

You are looking at two problems. One, to take the picture when button is pressed. And two, processing on the PC.

To have an Arduino take a picture when a button is pressed depends on your interface to the camera or PC.

How can you trigger the camera now? Does it have a button on it that can be simulated by the Arduino? Do you have a means of sending a signal to the PC and software to read it, that can then activate the camera?

Updating your Facebook requires interfacing that would appear to be beyond your ability.

Weedpharma

Hi,

Hello, im new to arduino and processing and im desperate for a solution to this problem. I think it may be really simple but im not sure.

Welcome to the forum.

What is your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

If you are after someone to write your code for you there is a section of the forum for that, if you want advise on programming, then we can help you.

Have you any arduino controllers, have you programmed one yet.

You project may sound simple, but will probably involve a fair bit of coding.

Thanks..Tom.. :)

You are looking at two problems. One, to take the picture when button is pressed. And two, processing on the PC.

Actually, it is one problem. The Arduino needs to tell some application on the PC that it needs to get busy. That is simple. There are millions of examples around.

Writing the application on the PC that will take the picture and post it on facebork is the real challenge, and has nothing to do with the Arduino. The only thing that is related is the need to read the serial port that the Arduino is connected to, to know when the get busy.