Webserver question

When I use the example webserver sketch and use a web browser to connect to it, the server will show multiple clients connecting to it. I'm thinking this will cause issues will using the / GET function to control information. Is this a browser issue or a server issue? Is there a way to make multiple identical /GET's void?

When I use the example webserver sketch and use a web browser to connect to it, the server will show multiple clients connecting to it.

Up to 4, if you are running the sketch on an Arduino with a W5100-based Ethernet shield. This is by design.

I'm thinking this will cause issues will using the / GET function to control information.

Servers don't make GET requests, so this isn't a problem.

Is this a browser issue or a server issue?

No, it isn't.

Is there a way to make multiple identical /GET's void?

Once more, in English, please.

Thank you for your time PaulS.

I was trying to use the /GET to add/edit files/folders on my SD card. When my button (of "Add a folder") is clicked on the webpage, the /GET (of "/addfolder") shows multiple times and I didn't want the functions to run if they didn't need to. Is this preventable?

Is this preventable?

Certainly.

You have some code that you haven't bothered posting, so I have no clue what you'll need to do.

breagle:
When I use the example webserver sketch and use a web browser to connect to it, the server will show multiple clients connecting to it.

Which sketch? My Google finds dozens of example sketches.

And most likely your server does NOT show “multiple clients” when requesting a page from your webbrowser, but it might show “multiple requests”.

Many webbrowsers tend to create requests by itself.

For example they create a request to file “/favicon.ico” to show a small graphic, representing the “website icon”.

Is your webserver prepared to clearly identify each request? And can distinguish each requested file? And all parameters following the request.

Does your webserver respond to requests for “favicon.ico” and send out an “icon file” with a small graphic icon image?

I’ve seen a lot of webserver example codes which look as if they had been made by idiots.

Those sketches just have a look about incoming request, and IT ABSOLUTELY MAKES NO DIFFERENCE, which file is requested or which parameters are included, they always send out the same page as a HTTP response.