Weight of Arduino Motor Shield Rev 3

Hey,

For a documentation for Uni I need to know the weight of the genuine Arduino Motor Shield Rev3
(Arduino Motor Shield Rev3 — Arduino Official Store).

Unfortunately, I don't own it myself anymore. Does someone know it or could quickly weigh it for me please? 1g precision is enough.

Thanks a lot!
Dev

Why is weight of the shield important.
That shield uses an ancient driver chip that needs an extra battery (or two) just to power (heat up) the chip.
The extra battery might add more weight to your project than the shield itself.
Leo…

If you don't have it and your professor doesn't have it then why can't you invent a number? Nobody can say you are wrong.

(My first answer to the headline was "Too heavy for your drone to lift." but that's not really the question you asked.)

Probably not for a drone. They don’t need H-bridges.
This is probably for a submarine, where weight/ballast is important.
Leo…

Maybe a more useful answer is to say that a motor shield is heavier than a couple of H-bridge chips such as the Infineon TLE5206 which would do the same job.

...R

PS... I don't have a motor shield either but it looks like it would weigh about the same as an Uno.

Well, I already replaced it with a self-built one and got rid of the Motor Shield. For the report I need the weight to state the weight difference between the Motor Shield and my H-Bridge. They are other groups who used the Motor Shield before so I can't fake it.

dev3011:
Well, I already replaced it with a self-built one and got rid of the Motor Shield. For the report I need the weight to state the weight difference between the Motor Shield and my H-Bridge. They are other groups who used the Motor Shield before so I can't fake it.

Can't you get the weight from one of the earlier project reports?

If not, make an estimate and explain how you made the estimate.

...R