Weight Scale - Industrial

Hey fellas, got a question for ya...

The company I work for dismantles and disposes of industrial batteries. These can weigh up to 4,000lbs. I've seen some tutorials on body scales ect. but I just don't know what to get / if its possible to handle something this large.

Thanks!

How about the sort of load-cell they use on weighbridges?

TolpuddleSartre: How about the sort of load-cell they use on weighbridges?

Well, I guess I don't know much about these things to answer that.. like, looking at this: https://www.amazon.com/Weighing-Pressure-Sensor-Module-Scrane/dp/B077NZ2QT1/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1522888158&sr=8-6&keywords=Force%2Bload%2Bcell&th=1

Seems like it can reach my maximum needed, but I don't know what its minimum is (I'd want it to go from like.. 100lbs - 4,000+ lbs)

Never messed with any type of scales or anything before :(

If you're looking for a ready-made solution, Avery-Weightronix may be a possibility.

How are you moving the 4000lb batteries around? Crane? Truck?

Crane scales are easy to buy and easy to interface to an Arduino if required. Truck scales are a little more difficult as they will need a prepared concrete pad, ramps for the trucks to drive on and off the scale and more.

There are digital scales for just about any weight. Personally I’ve worked with scales that go down to 0.1 mg, and scales that can do a complete truck, and various sizes in between.
Many of those scales come with digital displays, or even a printer for weight tickets, etc. That means they can all be read digitally, and that in turn means an Arduino can read them.
It’s just up to you to get the correct sized load cells, and the interface hardware to operate them. The easiest is for sure to go for commercial scales that have a TTL or Serial (RS232 or RS485 will be quite common) or other form of digital output, which you can directly read with your Arduino, and then do whatever you want with the weight info.