Weird AC dimmer problem

Hi guys,

i have some weird problems with and AC dimmer that i bought on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-220V-110V-4-x-1500W-Channel-Digital-Phase-Controller-Dimmer-Arduino-Like-/281550086135?

I edited the code so i can control the dimmer also from the Serial port(needed for my home automation). Everything works flawesly except that the dimmer is very sensitive to the other loads on the line.

For example: When the light on the dimmer is on highest value, the light blinks some time when i start or stop shades motor, or vacuum cleaner, or any other electrical motor(it looks like the light is for a 100-200ms off).

Example 2: When the light is on the half of its value and when i start or stop some electrical motor, the light goes for a 100-200ms to its highest value.

Could there be any problem in the code or do i need to add some RC filter(snubber) or something to the network?

I will post the code if needed. Thanks.

Could there be any problem in the code

Think about it, code that detects an other appliance turning on? No.

do i need to add some RC filter(snubber)

Yes it needs to be added to all the devices causing interference. You might want to filter the mains outlets themselves.

However there is no guaranteed 100% fix.

I suspect that unit you have has no compliance certificates either and it has not been tested for interference immunity.

Thanks for your answer. But there is a bit a problem for me to put on all devices an rc snubber.

What is the effect of this RC Filter in the Triac output stage on this schematic:

i dont see on the module any Capacitor in the output stage of Triac. Could there be a problem to?

But there is a bit a problem for me to put on all devices an rc snubber.

There is no divine right to be able to get this thing working.

What is the effect of this RC Filter in the Triac output stage on this schematic:

It is not a filter, it is a phase angle corrector to allow correct operation with slightly inductive loads.

i dont see on the module any Capacitor in the output stage of Triac. Could there be a problem to?

It depends on what you are driving but it would not affect the problem you are seeing.

Your interference is being picked up on the input side of the Triac if it is like you described.

Its a fundamental problem with that circuit, it is sensitive to harmonics in the mains waveform. A more advanced method times the switching digitally rather than using a DIAC trigger, and will be less sensitive to mains waveform.

Here is the schamatic:

(the difference is that in the schematic are Triacs and not transistors)
The used triac is an snubberles Triac BTA06.

vrsho:
Here is the schamatic:

Where.
In fact I could only see the link when I included a quote of your post. For other it is here:-
http://s23.postimg.org/tyzbh0w2y/aaa.jpg

Hold it up to the light - not a capacitor in sight.

(the difference is that in the schematic are Triacs and not transistors)

So infact it is not the schematic at all.