Weird JY MCU Bluetooth Module PROBLEM

So I'm building an hexapod robot with an arduino mega and an arduino mega shield v2.0.

The thing is that my power source is a LiPo Battery of 11.6 V with an UBEC to regulate the voltage to 5 V, but when I connect it everything except the bluetooth module works fine, but I dont know why it does not even get the led blinking. But if i disconnect the module and connect it again while powered it just works fine.

Thanks.

Probably not a bluetooth problem, more likely a power problem, it's just that an absence of LED blinking on the bluetooth is the obvious indication that you have a problem.

Nick_Pyner:
Probably not a bluetooth problem, more likely a power problem, it's just that an absence of LED blinking on the bluetooth is the obvious indication that you have a problem.

Yes, thanks! Definitely a power problem, i tried to use a PC power source and everything worked fine. So i guess it has something to do with the UBEC... :slightly_frowning_face:

boresp:
with an UBEC to regulate the voltage to 5 V

I don't know what a UBEC is but maybe you are putting the 5v it delivers through the barrel jack. If so, 5v is not enough, the minimum is 7v. This is to keep the regulators happy.

If the output is kosher 5v DC, you could put it into the 5v pin, thereby bypassing the regulators.