Wemos D1 baud rate

I have a R1 version (I think) and the serial port monitor comes up ok but I have to set it to 74880. Is there a way to make the IDE (OSX) work at that rate? I'm getting errors down loading at any of the rates available in the IDE. I've used this board on a Windows 10 machine before now without any issues, but not sure what the baud rate it selected was there.

I see the rates in the boards.txt file but just editing one of the entries to match didn't seem to pop into the UI :-). Will I have to refresh the IDE in some way to reread this config?

dB

The 74880 baud rate you use in the Serial Monitor has absolutely nothing to do with the upload baud rate. The lack of a 74880 baud option in the Tools > Upload Speed menu. This is a "red herring". You need to look elsewhere for the cause of the upload failures.

d8v8:
I see the rates in the boards.txt file but just editing one of the entries to match didn't seem to pop into the UI :-). Will I have to refresh the IDE in some way to reread this config?

As I said, this is not the solution to your problem. In fact, editing boards.txt is likely to cause more problems and result in your problem being extremely difficult to solve. If you do want to mess around with editing boards.txt you need to understand a couple things:

You may have multiple copies of boards.txt on your computer so you need to edit the one that's actually in use. The easiest way to find the active hardware package location is as follows:

• Select an ESP8266 board from the Tools > Board menu
  • File > Examples > ESP8266 > Blink
  • Sketch > Show Sketch Folder
  • Move up folder levels until you reach the one that contains boards.txt

The other thing you need to know about editing boards.txt is the changes won't appear until you close all Arduino IDE windows and then start the Arduino IDE again.

You can find more information on how boards.txt works here: