What battery for my games console?

I am thinking of making an Arduino powered console. There is only 1 problem. What battery do i use?
Thanks, checkm8 :slight_smile:

use a LIPO , the voltage really depends on your design ,most of the components work on 3 or 5 voltDC logic levels ,I would suggest a 3.7vdc 18650. OR if you want to have your design flat then single cell or dual/triple etc cell(based on votlage) lipo should be good.

but if i am using an arduino esplora and a adafruit 1.8" screen, the esplora needs 5v and the screen 3.3v to 5v, therefore making me need a 8.3v to 10v battery. Also, i would like the design to be slim, so a single cell battery would be convenient. Do they do 10v single cell rechargeable batteries?

Also, would a 11.1v battery overpower this project? Thanks!

If you like the design to be slim, you can use single cell and this step up voltage regulator
step-up-voltage-regulators

checkm8:
but if i am using an arduino esplora and a adafruit 1.8" screen, the esplora needs 5v and the screen 3.3v to 5v, therefore making me need a 8.3v to 10v battery.

WHAT?!?! You don't add them up!
If you have 100 Arduino Esploras, it will still take 5V, just a lot of Amps. Man if nobody told you that, you would completely fry your screen and your esplora!

"Also, would a 11.1v battery overpower this project? Thanks!"
YES, ABSOLUTELY YES!
Have you ever heard of something called a boost converter? Hell you could turn a AA battery into 5V...

Look, if you don't know that much, you may just want to buy a consumer rechargeable power bank like this one

I got one for $15 at Frys that holds 3500mah and has 2 USB ports to power your devices...Simple to charge too...

And bro! PLEASE! Go to youtube and understand what volts and amps are!