What components do I need to wire a pull solenoid to arduino?

Awesome i see the diagram now. I appreciate the drawing.

If MCU is referring to the arduino board; I want an MCU so that I can program the solenoid to do 3 shot burst, 6 shot burst and full auto. As it is now with the mechanical trigger it can only do semi auto.

Report closed N.F.A. as there was nothing to see here that met the report criteria.

Bob.

Ok I have all the parts I think I need. Only thing that I am confused about is the 12v-5v converter in Cherk’s drawing. Do I need it? Or can I hook up my power source to the VIN pin on the Nano board?

What pins do I hook up the parts to? There is a push button switch that will be separate from the nano board. I want the push button switch to control the solenoid.

Also do I have the correct diode? It is a 4004.

*I don’t if this matters but, the Batteries that I’m currently using are different than the batteries I originally listed. The ones I’m using now are standard 4 AA (1.5v). But the permanent batteries will be 3 (3.7v) and 1 (1.5v)

Description of what I want the electronic mechanism to do:

1. Airgun trigger is pulled by finger which then presses the push button switch
  2. Push button switch will send a signal to solenoid to pull the lever that it is connected to

IMG_2073.pdf (878 KB)

Should I use arduino to control a transistor Tip120 instead of an expensive relay and relay board?

You could use a transistor and save some money. With that, you could also power the board and solenoid from one power supply. Although you’ll likely need a capacitor as well to make sure your board doesn’t shut off while the solenoid pulls.

A TIP120 is an extremely poor choice of transistor. :roll_eyes:

A logic-level FET would be far more appropriate. Not sure what your definition of “expensive” is, but the relay boards are just a few dollars on Aliexpress. However a FET module would be a much better choice.

You have many blogs and basic projects with a clear explanation in the Arduino blog. Try to work on those grasp the content and increase your level of knowledge in the field of electronics and various components