What do I do with an .ino driver file for a 2.8" TFT LCD?

I purchased a cheap 2.8" TFT LCD from China made for the Arduino Uno WP.

I'm using the Arduino Uno R3 and running IDE 1.8.1 version.

When I try to run the graphicstest sketch the 2.8" screen just stays white but the serial monitor shows the code is executing.

I wrote to the LCD company who sent me a file called _9341uno.iso which is now in the Documents>Arduino>libraries>_9341uno folder.

My question is what do I do with that file now? It's not a header and associated c file that I can include. How do I work the .iso file into the graphicstest sketch?

Thank you

Your title says it is an ino file - which is an Arduino sketch, probably to be used as an example, instead of a library. That would be easy. However, in your description, you reference it as an iso file - which is a disk image, and would not be helpful at all. Can you post the file?

I’m sorry, it’s an .ino file.

It seems to be a sketch because when I clicked on it it brings it up in the IDE as a sketch.

Here is the _9341uno.ino

_9341uno.ino (7.64 KB)

This is a sketch - have you tried running it? Instead of using an external library, it puts all of the code in the sketch. You can look at the functions and modify the loop() function. It should work just fine. In fact, this code will help with another forum topic with a similar LCD.

Yes, it is a sketch. I uploaded it and it painted the screen red so I guess somehow I have to use this to make my own header and cpp files that will work with the adafruit sketches?

I'm glad it will help other questions!

You technically don't need to make a library, but it would be best. As you implied with your last post, if you are trying to use it with things made for Adafruit LCDs, then yes, you will need to make a library. Not by brand name, but by pins, you may be able to find a prebuilt library. Actually, this is just a standard LCD - you can probably use the Adafruit libraries. Here's an instructable, but it has bundled libraries that should probably be updated.

Thank you sooooooo much!!!

I looked at your "instructable" link. I don't have documentation to my lcd display. Do you think I can assume all of the pins and registers are the same? I'd like to try the numpad sketch.

I have contacted the lcd provider for documentation but have not heard back.

The library and the way it works will be the same. Looking at the pins used, they are the same. You can verify this by looking at the ino file, and seeing that they go in the order of 7 6 5 4 3 2 9 8. (a for loop for 8-9, and one for 2-7).

for(i=8;i<=9;i++)
  {
    temp=(data&0x01);
    if(temp)
      digitalWrite(i,HIGH);
    else
      digitalWrite(i,LOW);
    data=data>>1;
  }	
  for(i=2;i<=7;i++)
  {
    temp=(data&0x01);
    if(temp)
      digitalWrite(i,HIGH);
    else
      digitalWrite(i,LOW);
    data=data>>1;
  }

got it!

I extracted the code putting the myNumPad folder in the Documents>Arduino folder and I got an error (see attached jpeg screenshot)

numpad error.jpg

I was just using that as an example. What you should do is install those libraries (using the library manager, although you could use those if you really wanted to. Then, use the examples.

I’ve never done that. I’ve only done one other example via youtube so I see how to use the library manager. I don’t think I can use those as there is some naming issue.

Thanks

Actually, I found the problem. For some reason extracting the NumPad folder it got copied twice and named the copy folder NumPad (2)

Now it comes up fine but has error compiling for Arduino/Genuino Uno

Thanks

Can you post the error? Also, you can probably delete the TFT & GFX libraries, and replace them with the GFX one from the Library Manager and the TFT one from here. Also, what is the brand of your LCD?