What do you do for a living? Do you enjoy it?

Since childhood, I wanted to become an experienced programmer and you can say that I have achieved a little success, but I somehow abruptly lost any interest in this. Has this ever happened to you?

Nothing. Yes.

...R

Robin2:
Nothing. Yes.

...R

Best job in the world!:smiley:

Play with Arduinos, help out here in the forums and make artsy things on my arduino controlled cnc’s

Oh and as a side task I break things for Arduino.

I am a Breather, so far it has worked out well.

larryd:
I am a Breather, so far it has worked out well.

I have a small business that I opened before the quarantine. Unfortunately, now my business is frozen and I have to live off my savings. But there are also advantages. Now I have a lot of time to learn how to do it How to Create E-learning Website: Reasons, Benefits, Features | SpdLoad

I’m still waiting for the call from ESA to join their first manned mission to Mars

I even had my appendix removed, so that wouldn’t be a problem.

However, after spending ten weeks in lockdown with three other adults, I’m having to reconsider my application. The best I could hope for is they remove all the sharp objects from the spacecraft.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:
I still waiting for the call from ESA to join their first manned mission to Mars

I even had my appendix removed, so that wouldn't be a problem.

However, after spending ten weeks in lockdown with three other adults, I'm having to reconsider my application. The best I could hope for is they remove all the sharp objects from the spacecraft.

Are you suggesting these are an asset ?

• no appendix
  • no gallbladder
  • hips and knees brand new
  • artificial heart
  • teeth are not an issue, can consume food thru a straw
  • comes with hearing aids and glasses
  • accepts a catheter well
  • hair cuts not needed
  • requires little sleep
  • comfortable in Depends
  • gloves not necessary as skin is tougher than leather.
  • owns an Oxygen tank on wheels
  • a mouse eats more food
  • sex is a thing of the past

Sounds perfectly acceptable. Too bad they have an upper age limit :frowning:

CrossRoads:
Too bad they have an upper age limit :frowning:

That's fairly obvious. If they pick anyone over the age of 5 they will probably be dead before the project gets off the ground.

...R

CrossRoads:
Sounds perfectly acceptable. Too bad they have an upper age limit :frowning:

Everybody goes to their second childhood; so we're all getting younger eventually :smiley:

xiander:
Since childhood, I wanted to become an experienced programmer and you can say that I have achieved a little success, but I somehow abruptly lost any interest in this. Has this ever happened to you?

Are you doing this as a hobby or as a programmer working at that and getting paid? Makes a really big difference.

I never lost interest for over 35 years. There were no computers when I was a child. After college, I went to a business school to learn data processing on punched card equipment. Then night school for computer programming. My first job then led to programming and then to other jobs and data communications programming and partners in a software company.

Perhaps you are too focused on what you think programming is. Expand you view to include systems analysis and design, learn the electronic side of programming computers. That is what the Arduino will help with. Learn the basics of mechanical systems and how to program computers to interface with them.

If you are board with programming, do something else.

Paul

sterretje:
Everybody goes to their second childhood; so we're all getting younger eventually :smiley:

Yay.

I have arrived.

I HAVE ARRIVED

...R

I spent my career writing software for Internet Stuff (starting in about 1980. I helped create the internet we know and love today.)
I retired a few years ago, and for some reason I’ve have had very little interest in doing internet or IOT stuff for arduino/etc...

westfw:
I spent my career writing software for Internet Stuff (starting in about 1980. I helped create the internet we know and love today.)
I retired a few years ago, and for some reason I’ve have had very little interest in doing internet or IOT stuff for arduino/etc...

There is a tendency for that to happen with higher skills and trades I know a few people who wont do after work anything related to the job at home.

Millwright by trade but wont change the engine oil on the truck or car or bother with too many other mechanical things.

Tinker around though and re-purpose objects and I am all over that and apply my trade skills there.

Same with my computer tickets...Stopped using them skills as a job but still dabble around the edges (mainly in here)

Hi,
Spent the first 20 or so working years my life touring around Victoria, Australia, averaging 50,000kms a year, servicing and repairing automotive electronic service equipment.
Electronic Wheel Balancers, Wheel Aligners, Engine Analysers etc.
Then moved into Industrial Electronics 20 years ago, currently 63yo and working 3 days a week, casual and loving it.
I do PLC and controller programming as well as repair of industrial electronic equipment.

Spend my Covid-19 time here on forum, facebook and making cardboard models, model railway themed plus dinosaurs cars, space craft and anything my nearly 4yo grandson likes :slight_smile: :).

Tom..... :slight_smile:

Spent all my working life in the Civil Service - probably a poor choice, but it provided a comfortable enough living so I never managed to escape. Like everything else there were interesting times and boring times.

I’m not averse to occasionally helping a friend write an official letter but I have no intention of participating in committee meetings or anything vaguely like that.

…R