What does error mean?

I do not know what I did but now I am getting this error. I have check Wire.h line 31 has #define BUFFER_LENGTH 64

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Adafruit Feather M0" GetFileAttributesEx C:\Users\Rocke\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_825726: The system cannot find the file specified. Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather M0. This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Post the program that gave rise to the error.

...R

I ran into it with my main project sketch. To check it out I tried to compile the “Blink” sketch and got the same error.

/*
  Blink

Turns an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

Most Arduinos have an on-board LED you can control. On the UNO, MEGA and ZERO
  it is attached to digital pin 13, on MKR1000 on pin 6. LED_BUILTIN is set to
  the correct LED pin independent of which board is used.
  If you want to know what pin the on-board LED is connected to on your Arduino
  model, check the Technical Specs of your board at:
  https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Products

modified 8 May 2014
  by Scott Fitzgerald
  modified 2 Sep 2016
  by Arturo Guadalupi
  modified 8 Sep 2016
  by Colby Newman

This example code is in the public domain.

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Blink
*/

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
  pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, !digitalRead(13));   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);                       // wait for a second

}

DataLogger Skecth.txt (42.6 KB)

Try closing all Arduino IDE windows and then start the Arduino IDE and try again. That will clear the cache and hopefully fix the problem.

RocketNut:
I ran into it with my main project sketch. To check it out I tried to compile the “Blink” sketch and got the same error.

Let’s stick with that as it is a short program.

Post the exact error message that the compiler produced when trying the Blink program.

Are you sure you have selected the correct board in the IDE?

Do you get a compiler error if you try to compile for an Uno?

…R

pert: Try closing all Arduino IDE windows and then start the Arduino IDE and try again. That will clear the cache and hopefully fix the problem.

I all ready tried resetting the IDE with out any luck

Robin2: Let's stick with that as it is a short program.

Post the exact error message that the compiler produced when trying the Blink program.

Are you sure you have selected the correct board in the IDE?

Do you get a compiler error if you try to compile for an Uno?

...R

This is the same error as before. Here it is again

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Adafruit Feather M0" GetFileAttributesEx C:\Users\Rocke\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_825726: The system cannot find the file specified. Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather M0. This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Yes I am using the correct board in the IDE "Adafruit Feather M0"

No I have not tried to compile for the Uno,

Disable your anti-virus software. Restart the Arduino IDE. Try to build.

Solved and Working

Keep in mind that disabling your antivirus is not the long term solution. It's only a way to determine whether the antivirus is the cause of the problem. If so, you need to configure your antivirus to whitelist the appropriate folder or process so that it can be left running without interfering with the Arduino IDE.

you need to configure your antivirus to whitelist the appropriate folder or process so that it can be left running without interfering with the Arduino IDE.

That's assuming that you can.

I have recently stopped using McAfee for that very reason.

I don't know what happen but when I booted up my machine this morning every thing work perfectly with out disabling my AV.