What happened to servo.slowmove(xxx, time)

trying to see if this is still available , maybe under a new name?..

myservo.slowmove(xxx,time);

did this class member change?

THX

Please post a link to where you saw mention of this servo.slowmove()?

here it is in url 'links'

Re: Servo speed help
Oct 15, 2010, 12:50 pm
Ok, I'll going to put up a modification of the standard Servo Library which adds a method slowmove, where you can add speed parameter. Then you just have to replace your myservo.write (xxx) with myservo.slowmove (xxx, speed).

I wanted to polish that library a little before publishing, but it might just do what you need in its current state.

I'll post a link once it's up - I hope it will be today.

Korman

That's strange. I loaded that URL earlier and it just brought me right back to this same thread, but now it works.

rapidshare went the way of the dodo long ago (I think they were mostly used for pirating) but luckily the VarSpeedServo library lives on, with its slowmove:

Cool, thank you!

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance. Enjoy!
Per

Hi Per,

I read through the lib and ran some examples from the link you provided. My Arduino code involves a multipage TFT touch screen control of PWM brushless motor, DC DC power supply, Pixies, Neopixels, adafruit music maker, regular LEDs, and several servos. Code is pretty much done and everything plays well together with no delays using a Teensy 3.2 .... except when adding the servo control.

The issue I am running into is neopixel /FastLED/pixe/TFTTouch blocking. I tried Robin's classic

This works but still neopixel blocking. So rather than rewrite non blocking neopixel code and having everything running on millis or micro timers, for me the simplest thing will be to have a separate Trinket or SAMD21 running the servos when needed (triggered from main code) and then no interruption to the main code. Not really ideal in terms of a cool one stop code, but perfectly functional and Servo speed and travel limits fully controllable and non blocking.

Thx again for your help.

I’m glad to hear you found a solution that works for you.