What happened to the tre?

A while back, a board called the Arduino Tre was listed on the product page. It seemed to be perpetually stuck as coming soon, and now it has disappeared. Anyone know what happened? I was really looking forward to it.

Tre is an "Arlésienne". (cf french opera from Georges Bizet)

Ummm, what?

An "Alésienne" is a woman who live in the city of "Arles". It is also the name of an opera (Georges Bizet). In this opera everybody speak about "l'arlésienne" but nobody see her because no actress plays its role.

Since this opera, in French popular language an "Arlesienne" is someone, or something, that we talk constantly but no one will see. Unless a new turn of events, always possible, I fear that Tre project is abandoned and replace by galileo and edison.

An "Alésienne" is a woman who live in the city of "Arles".

And also "Arlésienne"? So she could be from Alès, or from Arles?

That's not at all confusing.

She's an " 'er indoors" or a "Mrs Mainwaring" then?

AWOL: So she could be from Alès, or from Arles?

No it is Arles in Provence and not Alès in Gard department.

AWOL: She's an " 'er indoors" or a "Mrs Mainwaring" then?

I am as Marsfan :

Marsfan: Ummm, what?

Regarding the "Tre", it would be good if the Arduino team sincerely communicates if the project has stopped or it continue ? If continuous what is the availability date of the board AND librairies ?

Everyone understands that if the Zero board has been developed by Atmel, Galileo and Edison boards by Intel, Tre is (was?) developped by Texas (beagleboard).

Arduino team should realize that saying nothing is the worst attitude and denotes a lack of credibility.

68tjs:
No it is Arles in Provence and not Alès in Gard department.

I know that, I’ve visited both of them, but you wrote

An “Alésienne” is a woman who live in the city of “Arles”.

, which is confusing, n’est-pas?

After posting this, I found an obscure GitHub comment by Massimo Banzi saying that the project was suspended (partly because of the lawsuits). Sounds like it is not dead, but not alive. Sighhh, maybe arduino.org will come up with a copy to buy.