What i hate the most

Arduino Sw already exist a long time. But i hate

• to search every time when i need it where the Hardware setup is stored. I use windows 10 APP and the normal version. Every time i need to search it. If someone told me its always on the sam place then i have to say its not true. Can be easily approve. I have now several hardware folders.

It would be very simple to show somewhere in the program where it is stored. Or at last if should be always und the sketchbook path

• if you have diffrent solution witch using the same library there is no way with this application to seperate.

• or if you develop with diffrend hardware you always have a endless list of hardware. of course you can edit the hardware list, but on every update it will be overide. if you save the old version may something dont work anymore because of new settings

arnoldbraun: If someone told me its always on the sam place then i have to say its not true. Can be easily approve. I have now several hardware folders.

There are three hardware locations: The hardware subfolder of the Arduino IDE installation folder. This is where the copy of the Arduino AVR Boards platform that comes pre-installed with the Arduino IDE is located. The hardware subfolder of the sketchbook. This is only used for manual installations of boards platforms. The Arduino IDE will never install anything to that location. You can find the location of the sketchbook folder in the Arduino IDE at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location. The packages subfolder of the data directory. This is where the boards platforms installed via Boards Manager are located. You can find the location of the data directory in the Arduino IDE at the line following File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file.

The easiest way to find the active hardware package location is as follows:

• Select a board from the hardware package you want to find from the Tools > Board menu
  • File > Examples > SPI > BarometricPressureSensor (or any other SPI example sketch)
  • Sketch > Show Sketch Folder
  • Move up folder levels until you reach the one that contains boards.txt

arnoldbraun: It would be very simple to show somewhere in the program where it is stored.

As I explained above, the Arduino IDE does show the locations of the hardware folders. As for showing the location of the specific boards platform in use, if you enable File > Preferences > Show verbose output during > compilation then it will be shown in the black console pane at the bottom of the Arduino IDE window at every compilation. For example:

Using board 'uno' from platform in folder: C:\Users\per\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.3

arnoldbraun: - if you have diffrent solution witch using the same library there is no way with this application to seperate.

I don't understand what this means. Please provide more details.

arnoldbraun: - or if you develop with diffrend hardware you always have a endless list of hardware.

If you're not already, try updating to the latest version of the Arduino IDE. The Tools > Board menu is now organized into submenus for each boards platform, as compared to the previous behavior of having all boards in a single long menu. I think it's a huge improvement.

arnoldbraun: of course you can edit the hardware list, but on every update it will be overide.

Not a solution for the update override, but there is a nice plugin for the Arduino IDE that will at least make the process of editing the boards list very fast and easy: https://github.com/binatrix/arduino-board-switch-plugin