What is the best way to connect Arduino to my phone?

Hi all,

I'm pretty new on that so I have some questions.

I'm gonna work on an Arduino project and want to see what is the best way to connect it with my phone without a router. I don't see a good way, all of them has the same user experience problems. i.e. I create an Arduino project that uses a temp sensor and sends the info to an Android app on my phone.

Connections modes:

• Bluetooth. . That way my app can send a request and Arduino can send the sensor readings. Is that going to block other Bluetooth connections? Let's say I connect my headphones via Bluetooth and also want to be connected to Arduino. They both use Bluetooth system so will that be a problem?
  • Arduino Wi-Fi AP mode. Arduino will run as an Access Point and my phone will connect to Arduino. Arduino will run a Web Server and will receive GET/POST request. It will respond with the temperature readings. The problem here is that user will lose the Internet connection as it is connected to that WiFi.
  • Arduino Wi-Fi station mode. My phone will be the Access Point and Arduino will connect to my phone. I guess I can also run a Web Server and do same that previous point. In that case, we have a bad user experience because it has to manually activate the WiFi AP in the phone

With all this in mind..should I ask in a different forum :) Seriously, now wit IoT that we connect a lot of devices to our phone or laptops.. don't we have a good solution. Most of that cases this is not a problem because devices have access to a router at home so that solves everything. But what do we do if we don't have a router?

Let me know your thoughts please

Thanks

alopsa21: Let's say I connect my headphones via Bluetooth and also want to be connected to Arduino. They both use Bluetooth system so will that be a problem?

Very likely, but easily rectified.

The problem here is that user will lose the Internet connection as it is connected to that WiFi. ......

we have a bad user experience because it has to manually activate the WiFi..................

With all this in mind..should I ask in a different forum :)

Yes - a phone forum. It seems to be where your problems lie.

Thanks you,

I did a quick test yesterday with Bluetooth and it worked so I think this is the bedroom optiin for Arduino "portable" projects. However, WiFi would be a good option if your Arduino "lives" at home.